Humpback leaves?

xjackflashx

Dont know whats going on now but heres the low down:

Soil:Grown in FoxFarms Happy Frog soil combined with natural soil from the area (clay mostly)

Nutes FoxFarms Grow Big and FoxFarms Tiger Bloom

Amendments Sunleaves Jamaican bat guano when I saw first signs of sex.

Water Using water out of the hose after it sits for 48 hours

Didnt really start running into problems with this grow until it starting to show signs of flower...not sure if the roots are starting to hit clay? Im not using the nutes every watering but rather every third watering...added the bat guano as is to the soil, about 3-4 weeks ago the main cola snapped in a bad wind storm but it seems to have healed as it didnt die but maybe its stressed? ((STILL??))...now on with the pics...

Picture_00440.jpg

Picture_00242.jpg

Picture_00347.jpg

Picture_00142.jpg

Re: Humpback leaves??

on my other baby the new fan leaves that stick up towards the sky cuz they are they havent opened up started to twist around...again started to do that at the signs of flowering....its weird that all this stress would happen half way through and not right off the bat...should it still be stressed out going on a month later after the accident??

What are your temps like in the area? The only time you see a leaf curl is due to stress of some sort. Usually it's a defense mechanism of the plant trying to control transpiration. Heat stress usually causes a tacoing of the leaves in the opposite direction. the leaves fold up and they do so to allow the plant to transpire easier and more effectively. The stomatas (where the plants breaths and transpires from) are on the bottom of the leaves. When they open up they do so to allow more air to enter the stomatas allowing them to transpire more. usually when the leaves fold down like yours are it's in an attempt to conserve moisture. by closing off he stomatas the plant can't sweat (transpire) as much and it keeps things moister that way. but I don't see signs of a plant drying out. Things look good except for the humped leaves. Normally a plant that needs to conserve moisture looks leathery and shows other signs and problems.

the temps have been in the upper 80s lower 90s with high humidity...its an outdoor grow so not much to do in way of controlling the temps/humidity....its just been raining for like a week straight almost...hopefully this weather will leave soon so i can get a week to dry the babies out...

is it natural for the plant to stunt its growth at the time to change over to flowering cycle? Because i havent noticed it growing as much as it had in the past...

All appears green and healthy, what size container is it in 5 gallon? Looks like she is 3 feet tall approximately. No real biggie as to the humped leaf for a onezee twozee kind a thing, could be genetic too. My question is why isn't she in the ground?
I do not see any stacking going on yet either. How many hours of daylight are in your region now as summeris 1/2 over. I might suggest cutting off all "N" and going to mostly a "P" and "K" feeding, as to enhance flower prodution to finish out the season..

no i have them in like 15-20 gallon planters ((dont like using 5 gallons as i tend to run into rooting issues towards the end of the grow due to being outdoors i had plants reaching 6 feet-7 feet tall was root ballin up the 5 gallons so i went all out and went Biggie status on the containers....the reason is because they are guerilla grown right off the property and can be moved in a dire emergency...the stacking has just started recently ((past few days)) they are sitting near a tomato garden so they dont get exactly a half days sun (12 hours) but they def get at least 3-4 hours of direct mid morning to mid afternoon [11-330ish] followed by sun but its shadowed sunlight...so its not direct contact..but thats the best that i can do for now....i moved to this area recently ((with plants in tow)) too late to scout a good spot for an inground location...

okay so i know ive been hangin low but heres an update:
Got one of those pool&spa PH test strips...only thing available versus those stick in the ground ones which arent that accurate coming straight from the hydro store..even they told me not to get one...Included is the pic the middle color band is PH, bottom band is total akalinity, and the top reads free chlorine (ppm) figured that would be a good read out of some of the same stuff you look for in this type grow???...the strip on the left is for the plain water after sitting for a min of 24hrs, the one on the right is with FF tiger bloom nutes added (2 1/2 caps full to one gallon...you can see how drastic the Ph had dropped..looking well below 6.2 according to the chart on the bottle...total alkalinity dropped to a lower range as well...reg tap water after sitting seems to be okay...I did all of this because I had noticed some of the newer leaves had folded upwards into a canoe shape worse then those are sitting upside down and had a burntish (i know not a word) tough dry leathery type look to it...not sure if its PH related but wanted to check anyways..or if its from all this humidity we have been getting nearly 80%..im unable to get pics of the girl at the moment...BUT ON WITH THE PICS ALREADY HUH?!:
IMG_10303.JPG

Okay well I as able to hit my grow this morning..they were predicting rain thats why i didnt get to it yesterday...took a few pics...will probaly go and scoop some lime today at the store i hope...here are the pics of the leaves curling upwards...PH or OUTdoor temps/humidity problems??:

Looking down at Main Cola:
IMG_10342.JPG

off shoot:
IMG_10352.JPG

Are the containers in the sun too? I remember my first year of guerrilla growing outdoors in containers. I left these big old 5 gal black containers sitting out in the sun and cooked the roots. We get triple digit heat here on a regular basis during the summer. my cure was to dig a hole and set the container into the hole. it hid the container from the sun and any possible hikers, got the plant about 2 feet lower out of the wind while still allowing move ability.

the Containers are not directly in the sun but do get some sun at the same time when the baby is getting its sun....it is in a slight hole as it is right now...just kinda hard to have to dig a hole for a 25-30 gallon planter...not the easiest to move with a huge plant and dirt in it...

In this pic...there is a huge Azalea bush its hiding behind to the left and various other overgrowth to the right...the container sits in a slight depression in the ground...it only gets direct sun for a few hours a day..but i have drilled extra holes for irrigation and to try to give more holes for the heat to exit..not sure if that helps or not but yeah...should i try to take a long rod type deal and poke holes in the medium or will that allow for the heat to enter and do more bad then good??
And the weather report for here is predicting 10 days of scattered showers...great...
Picture_00242.jpg

was thinking (caution) I have some mulch in the shed...do you think covering the topsoil with mulch would help?? or would it create a haven for bugs and rot?

my caution is this...would amending lime to the soil be bad because too much would be ingested or would the plant take in as much as it needed??

Back
Top Bottom