Help, yellowing/dropping leaves are driving me crazy

Mickies

Hey guys,
relatively new outdoor grower

I have a full grown skunk#1 Plant growing in a 15 gallon container using FoxFarms happy frog soil

These are the variables:

Watering her almost 2 gallons every second or third day she is very thirsty. Caught her wilting a few times, has the temperature reached over 90° on several days. Water brings her right back.

I use tapwater that I let sit for about 36 hours to get the chlorine out, my district only uses chlorine not chloramine.

Water and feeding water is pH balance to 6.5

I feed with the FoxFarms regimen using only the grow big, tiger bloom, and big bloom at half dose.

Pest control is diatomaceous earth, used spinosad early on but once flowering started (pistols presented) i stopped.

But now I see excessive yellowing and leaves dropping and it’s really getting my goat. I attach pictures of the plant and fallen leaves.

I am fairly certain that this should not be happening as I want my plant to not be stressed during flower.

Any help and advice is greatly welcomed!!

03B5BDD8-FFBD-4921-9872-EFD6E5EAFC5C.jpeg

F7B334D4-0ECC-4026-80F3-23537923AE4C.jpeg

B1324D22-3018-4AE2-A186-1ABD4C52A7C0.jpeg

A6E2E907-A1EB-4E89-8180-E06A1D59C3D2.jpeg

FB906A9C-D787-4CDA-810E-310BC3E4CFC0.jpeg

393FECEC-D67A-4B01-B030-2002418CAF41.jpeg

You got some PM issues...not saying that is the reason for anything..just pointing it out..could be your dearth but it seems high up

First, Welcome! Your plants look very nice. PM=Powdery Mildew, the white stuff on a few of the leaves. As for the dropping leaves, use the Fox Farms nutes at full strength, your plant is hungry. Happy Frog soil needs nutes.
Yes, the white stuff is diatomaceous earth not mildew... super air flow in my back yard

Yep yellowed fans looks unsightly to us but plants don’t care…I’d say for now leave the fan leaves intact. One of the functions of fans is nutrient storage, by plucking low faders you kinda ensure yellowing will jump to next pair up the ladder.

you could perhaps clean up her bikini line, get more airflow between rootball and plant biomass

PM is powdery mildew - bad stuff. Ditto what Celestial sez - whats that white shite on plucked fan leaves?? Looks like PM. Sulfur is plant friendly natural element. kills mites, it’s a preventative for rust & pm, can be mixed with water & foliar sprayed.

How did you apply the DE? Was it foliar sprayed?

Know that DE is only effective when it’s dry, has microscopic sharp edges cuts into critter exoskeletons. Whoops more replies came in…. Also what size container?? Will she stay outdoors? Just fyi, she might need one more upcan to a larger home.

Anywho cute chick you’ve got there, shes ready to leap! Welcome aboard, hang tight we will get you sorted!

DE dusted on.... these leaves seem to have a little "extra"....15gal container ....totally outdoors (have a mini greenhouse when days get wet in sept and oct) ... wondering if its a nute thing ... i am seeing "tip" burn" a bit as welll...

Water and feeding water is pH balance to 6.5

I feed with the FoxFarms regimen using only the grow big, tiger bloom, and big bloom at half dose.
Hi Mickies and welcome to the forum!

You have isolated the things that I think need to be addressed. Your leaves yellowing at the bottom of the plant speak to a macro nutrient deficiency. This is very easy to explain since you are not using the fox farm scientific grow system as recommended, you are giving half strength. Try following the directions and see what happens.

Also, pH 6.5 is in the middle of the range. The soil is buffered to the high end of the range so it will start an upward drift of your pH as soon as the fluid hits the soil. Also, as the plant uses some of the acidic nutes mixed in that water, the pH will also rise, approaching the neutral pH of the water. Because of this, you are missing the lower 6.-3-6.5 part of the soil pH range. Try adjusting your pH to 6.3 instead, and you should see a better responsiveness to your nutes.

Hi Mickies and welcome to the forum!

You have isolated the things that I think need to be addressed. Your leaves yellowing at the bottom of the plant speak to a macro nutrient deficiency. This is very easy to explain since you are not using the fox farm scientific grow system as recommended, you are giving half strength. Try following the directions and see what happens.

Also, pH 6.5 is in the middle of the range. The soil is buffered to the high end of the range so it will start an upward drift of your pH as soon as the fluid hits the soil. Also, as the plant uses some of the acidic nutes mixed in that water, the pH will also rise, approaching the neutral pH of the water. Because of this, you are missing the lower 6.-3-6.5 part of the soil pH range. Try adjusting your pH to 6.3 instead, and you should see a better responsiveness to your nutes.
Interesting i will lower PH to 6.3 and use full strength and will get back to you

Back
Top Bottom