Yellow leaves!

empath

Hi everyone !

I'm new to this and I did do my research but it seems I still can't figure it out whats the exa t issue is !
As you can see the plant in concerned is gsc photoperiod I'm using liquid seaweed everytime I feed her water but unlike her sisters below in black clothed pot they aren't as yellow as her so technically I'm not supposed to have any defeciency since liquid seaweed is supposed to have all nutrition that the plants need..
Also u can notice yellowing of the 2 autoflowers white pots.
I did try flushing with water and reuse the seaweed on the next water cycle but still got the same issue anyfeedback would be great !
BTW I use a drop of lime in the water seaweed mixture to lower ph levels to 6.8 or 6.5ph.

Endless blessings

Aj

20230225_155324.jpg

20230225_155401.jpg

Welcome to the forum! To me it looks like the plants are starving. All the plants have issues. The ones that are not yellow have interveinal chlorosis. Seaweed is a weak fertilizer, and is best used as a supplement, not the base fertilizer, as it's normally low in P. Get a more complete fertilizer, it looks like you're plants are deficient in N, P and K, probably calcium, definitely magnesium. You could foliar spray epsom salts which should take care of the Magnesium issue pretty quickly, but you still need a more complete fertilizer. If you're growing in soil, try dropping the nute mix PH to about 6.2, are you using cal-mag? Lastly, I'd try and get the deficiencies under control before ratcheting up the lights. I'm sure you'll get more suggestions.

The amount of money you’ll spend trying to get something out of those is money thrown down the toilet—cull the whole mess—spend some time with research and buy a bag of weed at the dispensary while you educate yourself

The amount of money you’ll spend trying to get something out of those is money thrown down the toilet—cull the whole mess—spend some time with research and buy a bag of weed at the dispensary while you educate yourself
I wouldn't cull them, I've had plants come back from worse, they're photos, so recovery is possible. If they were autos I'd say toss em. Depending on whether you want to go synthetic or organic pick up some Dr. Earth organic fertilizer or for synthetic the FoxFarms trio. You will need calmag too! Keep us up to date, best of luck!

Thank you all so much for your feedback !
Honestly I had a midget auto royal cheese before these and I used these ferts pics attached and she yielded 25grams not bad from a midget plant !
Why I'm not using these ferts anymore because I wanted to go all organic and I've decided foolishly to listen to some random guys saying it would be sufficient to use seaweed extract liquid throughout the process..
So I guess this is the fert u guys were talking about ،ugh I was hoping to go all organic.. thanks again

20230225_223756.jpg

20230225_223752.jpg

20230225_223746.jpg

20230225_223737.jpg

If you want to grow "organically" - as you said - Open Sesame is probably one of the last things you want to use...😁
There are plenty of good plant foods out there.
I agree with @zigzagman1960 that you need to do some more research and will find a good plant food for your plant.
Or if you want to do organic grow there are options too, but putting one thing through the whole process is a recipe for disaster.

p.s. I think you should take a look in here first:

What media are you growing in? Now, this is just a personal rant, but, try and avoid the myriad of supplements that are out there, at least until you get established as a grower, it'll just confuse you. I see some growers adding a dozen different things to their grows, some work, many are just overpriced hype that ends up in very expensive runoff! Pot growers are like hunters/fishermen, they'll buy anything if they think it will catch more fish, attract more game, or increase yields. Take what the guys at the grow store say with a grain of salt, unless you really trust them, because their job is to sell products. You need NKP, calmag and micronutrients. More N in veg, more P&K in flower. If you're using decent commercial soil you'll more than likely have all the micronutrients you need ( I have rarely ever seen a micronutrient deficiency, Iron, once). Hope this helps, I'll get off my soapbox now!.

Get a successful tomato plant under your belt and apply absolutely everything to growing weed. Reading weed specific internet garbage is garbage and usually is an attempt to sell you snake oil. Nothing at all special or different than growing vegetables.

Thank you everyone for participating in my cause 😁 the prob with the orange box food is it lowers my 7.7 ph water dramatically to 5.3 and I couldn't find a local solution to raise the ph naturally.. let's hope I figure this out im guessing for the time being ill shift to these synthetic foods just to save them ! Budscrossed !

Hey Empath!

welcome to 420!!!

what we need most from you is….. to tell us exactly what’s in the container.. is it soil or coco? Did you modify it with anything? can you drop a pic of the bag? Some soils have nutrients added & says things like feeds for X number of months.

here’s the deal… a plant does not care one iota if N, P or K molecules are from organic sources or from a bottle… often organic components are used to to make those salt based nutes but since they are chelated they don’t count as true organic

open sesame is only 1 part of an entire nutrient line up and that is meant as a supplement for flower cycle. Yes as Phyto said above weed needs certain nutrient ratios in veg cycle but then it needs different nute ratios for flower cycle

a bagged soil should be have its ph adjusted from the manufacturer so you just add water and the soil buffers the ph for you. But if you are concerned about ph then you need to adjust your liquids into the 6.3 range for soil or 5.8 range for coco / soilless. There’s crapola that can be used like lemon juice or battery acid for ph up & down but to make it easier on yourself as new grower I’d suggest that you just buy the ph up and ph down plus calibration fluid for your meter.

can you drop a pic of your ph meter?

do not trust your ph to a simple cheapie metal prong type soil meter, most common are the 3 way probe meters for light, moisture and ph but they are not accurate. I keep my old probe meter by the grill for roasting hotdogs & marshmallows.

if you are adjusting ph then only worry about the ph of your liquids right before going into the soil, don’t even bother to look at runoff numbers since that leads straight into the ditch… i.e. chasing runoff

skip the sea weed for now cuz it’s only got K, don’t know what the heck phostrogen is other than word salad combo of phosphorous and nitrogen but it still doesn’t show NPK values on label. We need to get you better nutes I’m thinking Geoflora- their organic dry mix is good but be advised there’s 2 products needed for complete grow. First one is a Veg formula & the other is a Bloom formula. Either that or mega crop 2 part, but think I’d steer clear of biobizz.

anywho hope this helps!

Hey Empath!

welcome to 420!!!

what we need most from you is….. to tell us exactly what’s in the container.. is it soil or coco? Did you modify it with anything? can you drop a pic of the bag? Some soils have nutrients added & says things like feeds for X number of months.

here’s the deal… a plant does not care one iota if N, P or K molecules are from organic sources or from a bottle… often organic components are used to to make those salt based nutes but since they are chelated they don’t count as true organic

open sesame is only 1 part of an entire nutrient line up and that is meant as a supplement for flower cycle. Yes as Phyto said above weed needs certain nutrient ratios in veg cycle but then it needs different nute ratios for flower cycle

a bagged soil should be have its ph adjusted from the manufacturer so you just add water and the soil buffers the ph for you. But if you are concerned about ph then you need to adjust your liquids into the 6.3 range for soil or 5.8 range for coco / soilless. There’s crapola that can be used like lemon juice or battery acid for ph up & down but to make it easier on yourself as new grower I’d suggest that you just buy the ph up and ph down plus calibration fluid for your meter.

can you drop a pic of your ph meter?

do not trust your ph to a simple cheapie metal prong type soil meter, most common are the 3 way probe meters for light, moisture and ph but they are not accurate. I keep my old probe meter by the grill for roasting hotdogs & marshmallows.

if you are adjusting ph then only worry about the ph of your liquids right before going into the soil, don’t even bother to look at runoff numbers since that leads straight into the ditch… i.e. chasing runoff

skip the sea weed for now cuz it’s only got K, don’t know what the heck phostrogen is other than word salad combo of phosphorous and nitrogen but it still doesn’t show NPK values on label. We need to get you better nutes I’m thinking Geoflora- their organic dry mix is good but be advised there’s 2 products needed for complete grow. First one is a Veg formula & the other is a Bloom formula. Either that or mega crop 2 part, but think I’d steer clear of biobizz.

anywho hope this helps!

Hey 013 ! Thanks another for ur amazing feedback!

I'm using soil with pet moss and perlites.
My ph meter is calibrated supposedly already with solutions as per the manual.
Pfa pictures for your reference.

Thanks alot!!!

20230226_151619.jpg

Welcome to the group. You should receive a lot of tips and suggestions, maybe a few shortcuts, and you will end up being able to grow better plants. Saw your posting and question yesterday but family fun kept me from jumping into the discussion. The guys have already started helping out and hopefully I can give a few more tips.

Since we are not there with you looking and handling the plants, soil and fertilizers we will have to rely on your answers so we can give the best suggestions. So, be ready for a lot of questions, sometimes repeats of the same question, and often conflicting suggestions.

By the looks of things all the plants are in need of more fertilizer, especially Nitrogen. And, they will need it soon since the two auto-flowers (white wicker pots) are already in flower. I thing that the other three, the plants in the brown wicker pot and two cloth pots are your photoperiod gsc (is that Girl Scout Cookies) can be saved, with greener and larger leaves and so on. This will help provide larger and better quality buds at the end.

plant in concerned is gsc photoperiod I'm using liquid seaweed everytime I feed her water but unlike her sisters below in black clothed pot they aren't as yellow as her so technically I'm not supposed to have any defeciency since liquid seaweed is supposed to have all nutrition that the plants need..
I'm not using these ferts anymore because I wanted to go all organic and I've decided foolishly to listen to some random guys saying it would be sufficient to use seaweed extract liquid throughout the process..
I do not blame the 'random guys'. Most likely they used the wrong words and that caused confusion and misunderstanding. Sometimes they ask questions and the customer does not understand and that adds to the confusion. My experience is that they usually are really trying to help. Sometimes they confuse soil style grow mediums with soil-less or with standard hydroponic style. And, if I feel that they are totally clueless I go somewhere else.

In many ways the Potassium is the most important of the 3 Macro or Major nutrients that all green plants need. Does not matter if it comes from seaweed or compost or wood ash or crushed rock or old banana peels. It is the one that is the most important to the overall health of the plant.

In order for the Potassium to do what is needed sufficient amounts of other macro, secondary and micro nutrients have to available in the medium that the roots are going to be in.

I did try flushing with water and reuse the seaweed on the next water cycle but still got the same issue anyfeedback would be great !
Don't bother to save that water and try to reuse it. Not worth the hassle.

I had the same goal of trying to grow the plants organically but ended up growing with some registered organic and a lot of naturally sourced fertilizer and amendments.

Several questions.

You have mentioned a couple of times that you are using liquid seaweed. Are you using the "phostrogen (brand name) All Purpose Plant Food" mixed with water as the liquid seaweed? Or, do you have something else that is a pure seaweed product that is being used?

The soil mentioned has Peat Moss and Perlite mixed in. Did you mix it yourself? Or, was it bought that way at the store?

I couldn't find a local solution to raise the ph naturally
Try a local tropical fish store. They should have products to raise and lower water pH that will not sicken or kill the fish.

Oh, it probably will not help to use the Open Sesame at this time. Try to get the other issues figured out and the plants on their way to recovery before using it.

Welcome to the group. You should receive a lot of tips and suggestions, maybe a few shortcuts, and you will end up being able to grow better plants. Saw your posting and question yesterday but family fun kept me from jumping into the discussion. The guys have already started helping out and hopefully I can give a few more tips.

Since we are not there with you looking and handling the plants, soil and fertilizers we will have to rely on your answers so we can give the best suggestions. So, be ready for a lot of questions, sometimes repeats of the same question, and often conflicting suggestions.

By the looks of things all the plants are in need of more fertilizer, especially Nitrogen. And, they will need it soon since the two auto-flowers (white wicker pots) are already in flower. I thing that the other three, the plants in the brown wicker pot and two cloth pots are your photoperiod gsc (is that Girl Scout Cookies) can be saved, with greener and larger leaves and so on. This will help provide larger and better quality buds at the end.

I do not blame the 'random guys'. Most likely they used the wrong words and that caused confusion and misunderstanding. Sometimes they ask questions and the customer does not understand and that adds to the confusion. My experience is that they usually are really trying to help. Sometimes they confuse soil style grow mediums with soil-less or with standard hydroponic style. And, if I feel that they are totally clueless I go somewhere else.

In many ways the Potassium is the most important of the 3 Macro or Major nutrients that all green plants need. Does not matter if it comes from seaweed or compost or wood ash or crushed rock or old banana peels. It is the one that is the most important to the overall health of the plant.

In order for the Potassium to do what is needed sufficient amounts of other macro, secondary and micro nutrients have to available in the medium that the roots are going to be in.

Don't bother to save that water and try to reuse it. Not worth the hassle.

I had the same goal of trying to grow the plants organically but ended up growing with some registered organic and a lot of naturally sourced fertilizer and amendments.

Several questions.

You have mentioned a couple of times that you are using liquid seaweed. Are you using the "phostrogen (brand name) All Purpose Plant Food" mixed with water as the liquid seaweed? Or, do you have something else that is a pure seaweed product that is being used?

The soil mentioned has Peat Moss and Perlite mixed in. Did you mix it yourself? Or, was it bought that way at the store?

Try a local tropical fish store. They should have products to raise and lower water pH that will not sicken or kill the fish.

Oh, it probably will not help to use the Open Sesame at this time. Try to get the other issues figured out and the plants on their way to recovery before using it.

Hey smokingwings !

Thank you so much for ur detailed input !
The soil was premixed with peatmoss but I mixed it with pearlites..

As for the liquid seaweed I have attached pictures of the product.. I forgot to mention that I used fish fertiliser liquid only once cuz its supposed to encompass all the nutrient that the plant needs im not sure if it was a good idea or not yet I didn't see any difference maybe I should use it more often ? Or maybe because I'm sufferering to balance the water ph whenever I try to use any kind of fertiliser except for the seaweed I use a drop of lime to lower/balance it if I'm using seaweed extract ut I hardly can bump the ph with the other 2 ferts.
How often i should be using fertilisers ?

Thank you everyone soo much !

Screenshot_20230227-102423_WhatsApp.jpg

Screenshot_20230227-102437_WhatsApp.jpg

Hi @empath and welcome! I've been following the discussion you've kick-started here, but didn't jump in because you have been getting solid advice.

I would just add that I've also used seaweed concentrate, it is a staple in my grows. But only as an organic K-supplement. It is rich in K, short for Kalium (Latin for potassium), and I had a K deficiency last season and used it regularly. But the comment that seaweed provides all your plants need is wrong.

Good fertilizers and organic soil ingredients will all have 3 numbers on the label, corresponding to the % of nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium they contain. This is the NPK of that product. My seaweed concentrate is from Dr. Earth, and it states on the label: 0-0-4.5. This tells you that is contains no nitrogen or phosphorus, but is rich in potassium. Seaweed is also rich in some trace nutrients, but they are often not on the label.

Your seaweed may very well be a good product, but even your label there tells you it is a supplement (not a full nutrient program). It supplements and "enhances" and "improves". But your plants need the right amounts of all three: NPK. Be careful not to over do it, though. Too much N will certainly cause leaf burn and even lockout of P and K, so read up and be careful.

You might want to start over, or try to save your current grow by improving your soil. A standard soil like Fox Farm Ocean Forest has everything needed for a few weeks. You can also start mixing in organic materials like blood meal (N), bone or fishbone meal (P), and kelp meal (K), as well as calcium and magnesium.

Now you need to start thinking like a plant, haha. And understanding what they are telling you, which is not always clear or easy, since they only speak plant dialect. 😉 There are basically two growth phases, vegetative and flowering. During veg, the plant needs more N than P & K, but those are nonetheless necessary as well. During flower, less N and more P & K. There are some further tweaks to that, like germinating and small seedlings need very little, until their roots reach develop, and it is important -- even critical -- to get them some N as well as P&K when they start asking for it.

You'll figure it out. Don't throw your seaweed out (though you might rethink what brand you buy, your bottle there tells you very little about the product it contains other than heaping praise on itself).

Good luck and I hope you'll keep posting about your grow.

Hey @empath and welcome to the forum! You've come to the right place :)

Others here have already given a bunch of good advice. That's the beauty of this forum... collectively we bring different views, and ultimately we usually arrive at good solutions.

My advice is to chop the yellow ones and focus on your two GSC girls that aren't far off from doing well. It sounds like you are using a commercial peat moss based potting soil, and you've added some perlite to that. In my opinion, that's a difficult medium to grow in. I'm guessing the NPK of that soil is very low – not enough nutrients to support your plants (Nitrogen, Phosphorous, Potassium). In fact, peat moss with perlite in it is essentially a soil-less medium, and the pH of peat moss is about 4.5 – that needs to come up to about 6.5. This adjustment should have been done with a calcium source, mixed in before you planted. At this point, you need to find good liquid fertilizers to use for the vegetative stage and flowering stage.

I'm guessing you are in the UK... you can probably get Fox Farm Grow Big and Tiger Bloom online.

20230225_155324-jpg.2652914

Hey @empath and welcome to the forum! You've come to the right place :)

Others here have already given a bunch of good advice. That's the beauty of this forum... collectively we bring different views, and ultimately we usually arrive at good solutions.

My advice is to chop the yellow ones and focus on your two GSC girls that aren't far off from doing well. It sounds like you are using a commercial peat moss based potting soil, and you've added some perlite to that. In my opinion, that's a difficult medium to grow in. I'm guessing the NPK of that soil is very low – not enough nutrients to support your plants (Nitrogen, Phosphorous, Potassium). In fact, peat moss with perlite in it is essentially a soil-less medium, and the pH of peat moss is about 4.5 – that needs to come up to about 6.5. This adjustment should have been done with a calcium source, mixed in before you planted. At this point, you need to find good liquid fertilizers to use for the vegetative stage and flowering stage.

I'm guessing you are in the UK... you can probably get Fox Farm Grow Big and Tiger Bloom online.

20230225_155324-jpg.2652914
Hi there and thanks for ur input ! I believe u are correct .
Does that means fish fertiliser is a good option to use it ? And if so am I supposed to use it with every watering ?
Do I still need to maintain water ph between 6 and 7 ?
And no I'm not in the UK unfortunantly
Thanks !

Back
Top Bottom