Hydro feeding question

Crookedfinger

I am growing a purple haze strain in a 2.5 gal bubbler with fox farms nutes. I am right at 4 weeks into flower and she is using .5 to .75 gal of water a day. Everything I have read says to only feed once a week. With that being said, I feed once a week and only add ph'd water in between. When topping off the water shouldn't I be adding more nutes to maintain the ppm of the solution so she is getting food all week and not only for the first 2-3 days and just water for the remainder of the week? She is looking great and really starting to show what looks like to be some really nice buds. I'm just wondering if I can do better, or does the less is more rule apply? Thanks in advance for your guidance. :thanks:

I use both methods. I top off a gal (6 gal tub) with a full nute mix and I top off with just water.

What is important is a PPM meter. In your case, lets say you did your weekly res change and fed at 1000ppm.

2 days later you see the water down 1/2 gal and the ppm is 1200. Your plants took in more water than nutrients it would seem (I could be wrong but this is what I think I understand how it works). So in this case you could just add water.

Next day you see water down 1/2 gal but ppm is 800. Now they took in lots of nutrients and if you added just water it would thin the mix. As well, since we dont know exactly what nutrients they took, it seems possible that a given nutrient can become nearly depleted unless we added nutrient mix before our next rez change.

I am a new grower myself. So don't take what I am saying as fact. I may be misunderstanding how it works.

actually it is. You should probably check out tulips tutorial on DWC.

Deep Water Culture Tutorial, SH Kit & DIY

Lots of great info there. I used it as my main guide. **he no longer suggests using that companies dry food either.

I ended up modifying my two tub grow into a RDWC through my chiller.

Back
Top Bottom