FFOF and watering

Maer

I have some plants about 12-14" tall in 3 gal pots with straight FFOF. I use a moisture sensor with a 1-4 scale on it and it seems it only drops to between 1-2 after about a week after watering. So I have two questions, one are they getting enough water, and if im only watering once per week and feeding every other water how do I handle my FF nute schedule?

I am using this document pretty much to the letter.

https://www.foxfarmfertilizer.com/soilfeed.pdf

Every plant is different and every environment is different. I am growing 2 different strains right now and one of them I have to water way more often than the other even though they are all in the same tent.

RH has a lot to do with how much your girls will drink also. The dryer the air, the more water they will use.

I've never used one of those meters and honestly I think they are unnecessary. What you should do is after you water, pick up your pot and remember the weight. After a few days, you should lift the pot again and notice the weight again. The pot should be significantly lighter before you will have to water again. MJ thrives on wet/dry cycles in soil.

FFOF has enough nutrients in it to get you through veg and into flowering. I don't know how far along you are but judging from the height you probably won't need to feed them for another week or two.

Hope this helps

Oh I forgot to say that my EWS strain only needs water about once a week also so don't worry if they don't drink that much. Let your plants tell you what they need. And they will.

I'm also of the opinion that you should feed your soil, not your plants. What that means is that if you keep the microorganisms in your soil happy, your plants will be happy.

yea I pour it over the whole top but I think it is running down the sides only and not getting the whole column of soil wet. People say the dishsoap makes the water cling to the soil somehow. I dunno maybe its a dumb idea.

Back
Top Bottom