hydro setup

sloth8620

Can anyone help me?? I am looking for a cheap, easy, and effective way to make a homemade hydro setup for some white widdow seeds I found in my oz.I have grown in soil for years but want to try something else and possibly better, please help a pot head.

Cheep is relative, lets go real cheep. 1st the system is Flood and Drain. Put plants in 6x6 rockwool cubes. Now we need a tray 4x4 is optimal. If you go to hydro store $144 or find a kiddie pool or hard plastic sand box, new or used often discarded to bulk trash p/u.Next 5/ 5 gal. plastic buckets. These are used to raise tray off ground one is all so the catch bucket, reservoir. Take and drill a hole in edge of tray about the size of a half dollar, 2' diameter. Now use black gorilla tape and patch hole top and bottom, it gives you double thickness. Now cut an X in tape. That's you drain diaphram. You might need an extra bucket to pour drained nutes into to dump back thru sys till the plants use feed up usually two days worth, but that depends on your girls genetics and age. The drain usually holds feed in tray for 1 hr or less it's all manual so you need to confirm proper drainage. You can buy the automated sys for $160 to $180 at most stores if you are conscientious the getto tray results a as good as the sys...

Back
Top Bottom