Hydro vs. Aero

Mjc5281

I've heard of so many different grow methods but DWC and Aeroponics seem to be the most used besides soil. What are everyone's experiences with them? The pro's and con's etc. And what grow method do you believe is the most successful and beneficial with the plants?

And what grow method do you believe is the most successful and beneficial with the plants?
Soil. :)

But then again, that depends on many variables that can and can't be factored. Do you have a preference or are you just spitballing? If someone wanted to get started with their first grow I would say soil because they can pot it, plant it, and grow it. Not a lot of measuring or monitoring. A good bag soil and good lighting and you'll have a solid harvest.

Soil. :)

But then again, that depends on many variables that can and can't be factored. Do you have a preference or are you just spitballing? If someone wanted to get started with their first grow I would say soil because they can pot it, plant it, and grow it. Not a lot of measuring or monitoring. A good bag soil and good lighting and you'll have a solid harvest.
It's my first grow so I'm using soil but I'm considering a new method next time just to have the know how

It's my first grow so I'm using soil but I'm considering a new method next time just to have the know how
Lots to learn on each...try at least 3x grows on soil and then move on to another if you still want...the second most common here is DWC.
:goodluck:

That's true just to get the hang of it, got any tips to help the plants with the soil?
1) Make sure it is good soil. FFOC is a good bag soil, and if you want to get fancy add 20% perlite to that. Otherwise straight soil.

2) Use a larger pot if possible. Larger root structure=bigger plant=bigger yield. A fabric 7 gallon pot is ideal.

3) Stick to a watering schedule. When they are seedlings, lightly mist daily and water the surrounding soil area (not right at the roots). This encourages the roots to reach. After first two weeks slowly increase water amount to where it comes out the bottom of the fabric pot (about a gallon for a 7). Water 2-3x a week at most. Overwatering is a common mistake. Roots need to learn how to search for water...it's how they grow. It's good for the soil to seemingly "dry out"...you can tell by lifting the pot how dry it is. When they are in flower increase watering to 3-4x a week as needed.

Are you doing photos or autos? Lighting will vary on either.

Otherwise...keep it simple and you'll have a great grow. I encourage you to start a journal so that others can see your progress and offer tips or answer questions. Take photos along the way and post them.

:goodluck:

Back
Top Bottom