I am a first time grower! Need help sexing this plant! Think it is showing signs

peetaispretty

This is my first grow, I only have one plant. I wasn't careful with my second see after it germinated and like a fool I touched the tap root. So it died. My second seedling has grown and grown. I took some pictures that I could get close up as possible with my phone. They are not great. I ordered a magnifying glass with up to 100x View with led light so I am hoping I will be able to spot something when it arrives. Until then would anyone mind telling me what they think?

Indoor Grow
One seedling
Not sure what type, just a seed I found in my baggie and I just wanted to see if I could make something grow!
Growing under LED lights, I had two, but now I'm down to one because my leaves were getting burnt and growing into the lights over night.
I wish I had a picture of the led lights I was using but I noticed they stated something like 20watts which seemed low to me but they are both very light and produce some heat.
I have been watering every two or thee days waiting for soil to dry.

Am I making a mistake? Some of the leaves started turning yellow and dying and I broke off some of the dead leaves. Any help I can receive would be wonderful.

Once again I am not experienced at all, but I have been studying like crazy trying to learn all I can for the next grow in case this one doesn't turn out well!:

Re: I am a first time grower! need help sexing this plant! Think it is showing signs

Ok pics would be great. But from what you have descibed to me if the plants are streatching to light over night its because there isnt enough light. So its streatching out to find it. Have fresh air blow lightly through plant ossilting for heat issues and fresh air. The dying leaves could be heat. Not enough nitrogen. Wrong ph.
Ph is highly important.
Is your soil hard or airy. Have you any perlite in it.

grow n steady wins the race

Re: I am a first time grower! need help sexing this plant! Think it is showing signs

I think u need other light back at bare minimum.
Start with a ph around the 6.

I wasn't sure why it would not let me load the photos I ended up loading them in the members gallery and I'm having trouble loading them on this new thread I started. Could I use PH test kit? Like strips? Or do I need to get a digital Ph tester? Yes I do have some perlite, I have a picture of the soil I'm using and some of the nutrient plant grower I added to the water. I drilled some extra air holes in the pot just in case. The soil was a little moist so I started letting it dry out some before watering again. It seems to be a little tightly packed, so I tried loosening it up some and messed up some of the roots. So I just added some more soil on top.

IMG_5279.PNG

IMG_5279.PNG

I do not understand why the heck it just uploaded so many of the same photo! Sorry about that! I need to get some of those off. New to this site so it's messing up on me somehow.

Oh. Thats a nice looking youngster. Wasnt expecting that.
Yes ph stips will work but i find them hard to read.
When do you plan to flower. You know once you start flower your plant will double in size or there abouts.

But your doing really well for first grow.
Congrats

Sorry i miss read your title. Your after the sex of it. Sorry i honestly cant tell. I use a phone. Maybee someone on there computer may see better.

Looks like a gal to me at least the first 3 photos did

"When the going gets weird, the weird go pro"
Hunter S. Thompson

It's alright about the sex, I was just wondering if anyone could see something I'm not seeing. I stare at for 30 minutes at a time, smelling it lol and trying to figure out if I see anything that stands out.

Any help is appreciated though! I am thankful for your info! Do you think that soil in using is okay and the nutrients I'm adding to the water and a little sprinkled in the soil?

Do I need to post in a different forum somehow to find out if anyone notices any sex signs on it? I think I've read up for hours, but every person has their own way of doing things so I get lost. I was hoping it was growing well. I wasn't sure though! I'm glad to hear someone thinks it's actually looks nice! Thanks!✌️

Ah i miss read your question. It should be okay for veg but you probably want another before you go into flower. You can go at it with what you got but expect light buds so make sure your nutes are good for bloom and what not. I found a cheap sampler pack on amazon that has all the ff stuff and some sweeteners for about 27 bucks and free 2 day with prime

Hunter S. Thompson

I wanted to start flowering soon. I was doing 24/0 light cycle for about four weeks. Although I am not experienced, I then changed to 18/6 but it wasn't complete and uninterrupted darkness. I moved it into a dark room to grow and I've been trying the 12/12, but I need to get a timer because I'm sure I'm keeping up with it on my own but I know some days I mixed up the light cycle and was confused or forgot the time I started. If it turns out to be female and I haven't put to much stress on it, I'm not looking for much out of it. Just a little bit, so I should probably start flowering now and setting a timer if I am only wanting small quantities. Am I able to regrow from the same plant? Thanks for all the help! First time I've asked questions on here. All I do is read posts!

I just signed up for Prime to start looking for more advanced things then next time i grow. I would rather get some seeds that I know what I'm getting so I can grow what I want. I just started with all the basics i had laying around my house. I did order a nice magnifying glass so I can see much better than my phone does. My zoom feature on my i phone isn't that great.

I would give it another week. I usually count the week it sprouts at the seedling day. Then 4 weeks of veg and flowering it varies from strain to strain. My recommendation is go to a home improvement store or superstore like a walmart you can pick up a cheap analog timer for 5 dollars usually. You can regrow from a plant from what i understand. You have to save about 20 percent of the fan leaves and go back to 18/6 or whatever you use. My wife bought me Jorge Cervantez Marijuana Horticulture The indoor/outdoor medical growers bible and i have read that thing front to back at least 3 times and highlighted many passages. Its a nice go to reference when I have questions and cant find an answer online. Though i dont know everything I have a good knowledge of what i am doing and why.

Hunter S. Thompson

Im a newbie myself but Ive bern learning alot. Thus is a great group of people. How old are they? The top pics look a like it could be new growth not really sex yet. Are you using household LED's? CFLs work great for veg and dont give off too much heat. I use the PH strips. Honestly they suck. If you can afford a meter get one. Environment is super important. Temperatures and humidity. Air flowing in and out. Nutrients etc... What kind of environment are they in? What temp/humidity are you running? What light cycle are you using? 24 20/4 18/6 12/12? You'll get lots of help w these answer's.

Sent with my Light and Love Happy Growing

Im using the 300w viparspectra which i got from amazon for 90 bucks but theres a mars brand that alot of people swear by and are a sponsor for this forum which seem awesome and are a little cheaper than these. They give out little to no heat so you dont have to do huge ducts and stuff. I havent worried too much on my waters ph. I usually leave the cap off a 1 gallon jug to let the chlorine evaporate. Heres a picture of my schedule. Sorry for the weird notes...never really expected to share this.
420-magazine-mobile2058585399.jpg

Hunter S. Thompson

Temp is low do to me running it overnight since i live in the south and it gets warm in the summer. Average temp is about 74ish no clue about the humidity but relativly low. And i do an 18/6 you can do the 20/4 or leave them on 24/7 but i like to give them time to sleep.

Hunter S. Thompson

Back
Top Bottom