Need help Sexing the plant

blahblahblah

This is my first attempt at growing. I used a soil mix comprising of bone-meal, vermicompost and soil. The lighting is normal 12-12 schedule since the beginning. The plant faced a bit of stress because of over-watering, but it is firm and strong now. But, it has been close to two months and still i am having difficulty sexing the plant. Please help. Is this a male?

IMG_20150528_094324448.jpg
IMG_20150528_094210219.jpg

Look on the 4th node up rather than the new growth. Males get preflowers before females do so if it was male, you would know. Male preflowers look like a little ball on a stick (kind of like a lollipop) that stick out of the side of the node. Female preflowers have little white hairs (pistils) that are located on the crotch of the node between the main stem and side shoot. I cannot tell from the photos, but if they are 8 weeks from seed (remember, the veg time doesn't start until 2 weeks from seed), they may be too young yet. 2 weeks seedling, 6 weeks veg. Good luck!

these pics are from the fourth node and onwards. The plant is about 3 1/2 feet now. The problem is i have a female growing right next to it. So, i'm afraid that if this turns out to be a male, i'll only be left with a bag of seeds. :(

IMG_20150528_113331899.jpg
IMG_20150528_113615318_HDR.jpg
IMG_20150528_113545563.jpg
IMG_20150528_113517330_HDR.jpg

IMG_101028.JPG

IMG_101235.JPG

ok so i know these arent the best quality pictures i took them with my iphone on my last grow.
One of my last grows plants ended up being male if you can see it it looks like a bunch of balls growing.
Thats what you want to look for.
Like dude said above check at the fourth node or higher. It usually shows at the top of the plant not the bottom.
You dont have to worry about it pollinating the females unless you see the balls have come open and you will see it looks like a dust almost like a dandelion when you blow it. Thats the pollen if you see the balls open and the pollen coming out its too late.
If its just the balls piling up like in my picture than you caught it just in time.
Also the males will always show before females.
Hope these pictures help a little.
Good Luck and be patient the longer you wait the more defined sex will be and easier it is to tell.

Back
Top Bottom