I feel I don't get as high anymore - Any solution?

louisville420

ive always had a motto when it comes to smoking, and its if ur gonna smoke, smoke the good stuff....and this i have been doing constantlyyy..and now it just seems like i dont nearly as high as i did before....and i really dont want to stop smoking its too fun....if i smoke mids for like 1 week or 2..do you think the next time i smoke something good itll get me higher?

I had that problem too. I took a short break of it to try and lower my tolerance again. I just went back to my regular pain pill regimen for a short time (like a week I think) & then went back to smoking. It really helped. My neuro said it's like any other med. You get a tolerance & if you take a break, your tolerance will go back down again. I'm not sure if you're a med user, so that might not not be an option for you.

Otherwise, maybe try something else like concentrate. I really got turned onto that b/c it's so much stronger & I don't have to smoke nearly as much. But it might just land you in the same predicament later - b/c you'll end up used to that in later on and just want something stronger than that later. So really, I'm not real help am I? :)

GL & I have the same motto too.

See, I don't mind the tolerance I've built up. It allows me to not be so completely fucked that I can't function properly, it just seems to make it a day-enhancer. Although, I can see how tolerance might not be so well-received if you're using for medical reasons. Breaks are really nice every once in awhile, though. I had to quit smoking for about a month awhile ago, and when I came back it was like re-discovering how awesome cannabis is.

See, I don't mind the tolerance I've built up. It allows me to not be so completely fucked that I can't function properly, it just seems to make it a day-enhancer. Although, I can see how tolerance might not be so well-received if you're using for medical reasons. Breaks are really nice every once in awhile, though. I had to quit smoking for about a month awhile ago, and when I came back it was like re-discovering how awesome cannabis is.

That's the reason that I have had to take a break. When I find that it isn't working for my issues anymore, I have to take a break or I feel like I'm just wasting money & time b/c if I can sit around and smoke and smoke and smoke and smoke & I'm still in pain or whatever... it's like what's the point? Then I "rediscover" the awesomeness all over again, like you did after my break.

i agree with PitViper .
and in what you smoke.
week off is good idea.
or a few. grow so you have a few strain and a different high and taste.
my last grow was Hawaiian Snow very good yield and high good feeling.
now i start thai haze x skunk mix and 3 female all of them from greenhouse.
unfortunately i didnt write i forget the name of this strain.
hope for good...
after i whant to grow :
Northern Lights #5 x Haze Feminised
Silver Haze #9

That's the reason that I have had to take a break. When I find that it isn't working for my issues anymore, I have to take a break or I feel like I'm just wasting money & time b/c if I can sit around and smoke and smoke and smoke and smoke & I'm still in pain or whatever... it's like what's the point? Then I "rediscover" the awesomeness all over again, like you did after my break.

Do you really find that the tolerance extends to the pain benefits? Maybe it's just me because I don't need very much, but if I use 3x what I need just because I can, and experience a sort of mental tolerance over time, the physical benefits are still in effect. It just puts me on a more consistent plane...no minor ups and downs, without as much psychoactive effect. And when I say that, I just mean the feeling of altered consciousness is lessened; while the stress relief, good sleep, and any anxiety issues are still mitigated.

This happens to me a lot, and usually I just end up getting a bag of mids and smoke that for a couple of weeks, take a few days off here and there, smoke a bit less, and then when you get good stuff again, it's like smoking for the first time again..

I've also experienced a lot of strain tolerance build up.. As mentioned, get a variety, 2-3 different strains and alternate. You can smoke a different one each day and the effects are great.

Do you really find that the tolerance extends to the pain benefits? Maybe it's just me because I don't need very much, but if I use 3x what I need just because I can, and experience a sort of mental tolerance over time, the physical benefits are still in effect. It just puts me on a more consistent plane...no minor ups and downs, without as much psychoactive effect. And when I say that, I just mean the feeling of altered consciousness is lessened; while the stress relief, good sleep, and any anxiety issues are still mitigated.

I prefer to only smoke what I need for pain. I may be one of the few, but I actually don't like the euphoric feeling, or feeling any "out of control" type of feeling. In the very beginning, when I was getting used to what pot did to my body, I was grateful for the pain relief, but I actually remember laying there thinking to myself (while I was waiting to pass out and fall asleep lol) that I wasn't sure if I liked it enough to continue smoking. It didn't take all that long though, however, for me to get used to knowing that I just had to get to know when to stop, that some strains were creepers and some strains you felt right away, etc, so I just started to use better mental judgement I guess and take more time smoking and listening to my body.

ALL THAT TO SAY!!! LOL... Yes, it is actually the pain benefits that I notice that lessen for me. I try to really sit and take my time when I smoke... even before I get up, sometimes I'll sit there for 5-10 mins and think "Ok am I done? Has it all taken effect? Should I take another hit? Do I need to pack another small bowl?" Not only does it save me the pain in the ass of walking back there in another 10 mins, but I can also take that time to be in tune with my own body and really pay attention to how I am medicating, etc.

I thought I'd explain in detail in case someone else thought to take that time like I do. I think it makes a big difference for me & helps keep me both functional and more pain free.

Interesting. I think we should apply for a $9,000,000 government grant to study the effects of Cannabis tolerance and pain relief. You in? lol

Interesting. I think we should apply for a $9,000,000 government grant to study the effects of Cannabis tolerance and pain relief. You in? lol

I like this Idea!!! I'm In bro....lol

To answer your question Louisville 420 just smoke something different or lay off smoking as much for a week or so..

Just my 2 cents!!

^^

Yes, strain tolerance may be the issue.

better than schwag! I've had NL #5, and williams wonder in the very early 90's. before and after that nothin' but schwag...'til just a few months ago got ahold of some trainwreck (not that impressed--maybe not grown well?) and another strain or two that frankly wasn't much better than my schwag... SO now I'm growin' my own widow...and if I were to grow my own NL I'd be happy I'm sure. good is good. skunk #1. all the basics! a variety of several of the key basic strains would be diverse enough to keep your buzz fresh and new, IMHO...IM VERY HO...

Back
Top Bottom