I have a problem

wannaBhigh

I have purchased an item from a head shop here where i live and i have had one hell of a time getting them to honer their 1 year warranty on this item and will learn shortly how well they will honor this warranty . After email communication over a few weeks which often weren't answered in what i feel to be reasonable time and several other issues that i would like to share with everyone ONLY if they decide against a reasonable reconciliation. I would never post personal info or anything i can't back with pasted emails and such .
My question is ; Would i be banned or reprimanded in any way here by trying to protect members here from falling victim to these issues ? Once again i would never even mention them if they make good on their warranty.
Sorry for the rant
Edit; this is an issue with manufacturer of these items and not the shop in which they were purchased and they aren't a sponsor on this site

Correct. this is not a site sponsor .
I am somewhat reluctant to share at this exact moment due to the following ; i got on a vaporizer kick and my first one was one of those ghetto light bulb and pen straw over a candle ones you can make. I boasted to several friends that they had to try this and they did. 2 of my friends purchased a vaporizer (brand to be revealed) and after they got theirs i used it with one friend a few times and had to have one. Before i got down to get one of my own my friend called me and said his had failed after like 2.5 months and he told me the site listed for warranty was just a front (every link on the site went NOWHERE) so i decided to repair my friends and figured it was just one of those things that happens sometimes and it wasn't that big a deal. Opening his unit i first noted that components were burnt. I located the parts on the internet and repaired the unit. I then went down to get my new toy. I know what you are thinking " why did you buy it anyway?" Well i had a discussion with the store clerk and i was informed that the warranty was sound and they hadn't had any trouble with these units and if i had any trouble in the warranty department he would look out for me. $125 + tax later i went home with my new vaporizer. Fired it up and let it burn off as they recommended (while plugged into a serge arrestor as recommended ) it smelled of burning circuit board from day one. a few weeks later it had failed. being unable to get any info on their site that was valid i considered the nature of prohibition and blew it off and purchased another. Well when that unit quit in a little over 2 or 3 days i was now PISSED! Shop keeper reluctantly replaced one unit for me ( i understand the risk in accepting returns on items of this nature so i was grateful) then my 2nd buddy calls me and asked if i can repair his as i did our other friends. Now !! I'm really PISSED OFF! since i convinced them that this was going to be so awesome and they both felt like they had been cheated . I then started looking into this site starting with a search of http//xxx.betterwhois.com and a few days later noted that this site was now routed to another www and sent an email asking at first for them to sell me some parts cause at first i thought it was just the site of another supplier. After 1 or 2 emails it dawned on me that it was the same people that were suppose to be honoring this warranty . After almost 3 weeks they should be getting 1 unit back today. they told me they were sorry i was unable to register my first unit. It was their fault i was unable to register since the links on their page went NOWHERE! I have been totally unable to even get a comment on the other unit or if they might even just send parts to repair the other unit. so after return postage and 2 dead units equaling about $300 i might get a replacement in how ever long they decide to take to ship a new unit . Judging by the track record of the now 5 total (not a typo) 5 failed units of theirs i have had the displeasure of having in my presence i can't imagine that a new unit will last much longer. I have pictures of the damage on my 2 units and sent them the serial #'s of all the units i repaired for them. You would think they would have been so grateful to not have the others back that i wouldn't have to pull teeth to get service. Thanks for lessening to my rant and i will be posting more info and/or follow up soon.

Ooh and i would have posted in the state area but it doesn't actually pertain to my state specifically and the warranty from manufacturer is based outside of my state. But all else aside Mods feel free to move/delete this if it is deemed necessary

I guess we have cleared up that it will be ok for me to post this info but i still have 1 question Where should i post it ? I questioned my judgment on whether or not it belonged in the product reviews cause i felt as though it may be for sponsored product review and all i wanna do is bitch. thanks

OK after receiving an email from these people just now. I am informed that they will not make good on any warranty cause the seal was broken. Well the thing is they requested that i send in pictures of the board cause i stated that the circuit boards were burning.
It is a VAPORITE solo i have 2 of them and they are both failed in less than 1 month . i was unable to register 1 cause there web site was just a front to make it look like they were legit. the site use to have a PH# for you to call someone about warranty. the # posted was 1-VAPORITE works out to be 1-827-674-83 after i brought this to the attention of Jas at vaporite in ny it was promptly changed. So looks like i got screwed for not 1 but 2 vaporite vaporivers . will be posting pictures and all emails from them as soon as i can calm down. getting my tools robbed and getting screwed on 2 vaporizers is a little too much for me right now

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

CS@vaporite.net

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 550 550 No Such User Here (state 14).

----- Original message -----

MIME-Version: 1.0
Received: by 1************ with SMTP id p1mr587110hbg.157.1268440215217; Fri,
12 Mar 2010 16:hmmmm:15 -0800 (PST)
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 18:hmmmm:15 -0600
Message-ID: <c66****************************cd0@mail.gmail.com>
Subject: Unit failure X3
To: CS@vaporite.net
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1

Hello my name is Andrew and i have repaired 2 of your units for
friends of mine that for various reasons were unable or unwilling to
send their units in for warranty repair so I (being fairly
knowledgeable with electronics) repaired them for my friends. 1 was a
cold solder issue and the other was a failed thyristor.
After seeing those issues i decided to purchase one anyway . Well now
i have a problem that i'm not quite sure how to go about solving it.
My vaporizer had a burning electrical smell whenever it was turned on
and i assumed that it may need to be burnt off before i used it. after
letting it burn for awhile it has failed . NO digital readout BUT! the
element still gets hot but it never shuts off.
I have narrowed it down to the IC mounted behind the digital display.
I am sure of this. The reason it even got my attention was that upon
inspection found the ribbon cable for the display was laying up
against the voltage regulator and it melted the insulation right off
the cable grounding it to the regulator causing a high resistance
fault. What might the odds be of getting your help locating the
replacement display/regualtor circuit ?
Thank you very much for your time and have a great day.

I can't believe that crazy person sent me an email asking me to open the unit to send pictures and now won't warranty it cause it was opened. claiming i should have sent my newest unit in to them. the catch is they both had the same manufacturer date stamp. I think it's time to file a fraud claim at my bank

Although i have been displeased with the quality of the support and the product
I am gonna let karma take it's course .I will not rant any more . they have agreed to send 1 unit so i should have a working unit for a few more weeks. please delete or close this as needed and we can chalk this up to an education. i always liked to buy local but i have learned that i could have gotten treated much better from a sponsor site. just gonna let karma take it's course

Taking something negative and trying to turn it into something positive can be good so here is what i'm gonna do. Since i should be getting a new vaporizer here in awhile and i have been told it has no warranty . I would like to think that the bad units that i have seen from this place all had one thing in common; Manufacture dates. One could assume that these units were assembled with some parts that had internal flaws out of the hands of the assembler/distributer and from a warranty prospective it just got out of hand. So i will await my new toy and keep thinking that these issues have been identified and dealt with .
I hope to add to the stories i have heard from a few stating they got a good product. Since i have no warranty on the replacement i can open it and identify any changes that have been made. Any and all questions about schematics , drawings or pictures requested for the purpose of cloning this device will be ignored. I will however assist anyone in the troubleshooting and or repair (through posting only sorry no delivery ) or parts location to the best of my ability for anyone that was unable to register theirs on similar situation invalidating warranty as they state it

Back
Top Bottom