Meanwell power supply warranty coverage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey folks looks like one of my driver's crapped out.

It's an hlg-480h-c2100b so it's supposed to have a 7 year warranty and it's only a couple of years old. I didn't find anything for warranty claims on their website. Has anyone had to go through warranty replacement with meanwell? I called the West coast office this evening but they were closed. So I sent an email.

Sometimes when one board craps the bed the rest wont work because the circuit is broken. Not familar with the schematics of the board or maker.

Loose wire will do that. Heat is the bane of electronics so if the driver was getting hot for several years of constant use it could burn out a capacitor or resistor. My meanwell drivers get pretty warn and why I run a clip fan on them. I drive mine full tilt for several years without issue.

I bet there's a wire loose going from one of the light boards. Check your connections and check where the light board wires connect to the power supply.

As mentioned a fast measurement with a DIM meter is your friend. Need help with taking readings if you procure a meter we can help with that. Pretty easy. Finding my meters wood be the hardest part of the job. lol

I was chasing my tail last week. My 3000 would not work....turned out the power cord that connects to the driver was not fully plugged in. It was out maybe 1/4 inch if even that. Doubt its the case...just a thought to check it out.

I was chasing my tail last week. My 3000 would not work....turned out the power cord that connects to the driver was not fully plugged in. It was out maybe 1/4 inch if even that. Doubt its the case...just a thought to check it out.
Dude your avatar is crazy!

I
Looks normal on my screen? Lol nah playing. I used a giphy instead of pic.
M gonna smoke one and watch for a while haha. I dont know nothing bout your new fangled software. I guess I'm old.

I

M gonna smoke one and watch for a while haha. I dont know nothing bout your new fangled software. I guess I'm old.
I would be lying if I said I have never smoked and got trapped in space starring at it lol

Hey folks looks like one of my driver's crapped out.

So what happened, TurboBucket? Did you get warranty coverage from the seller, Meanwell, or neither? Or did you end up fixing it yourself? Like others, this is the first I've read of a Meanwell power supply failure, so I've never had the opportunity to read about how the warranty works with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom