Rider's first foray into LED strip lighting: Samsung H Series GEN3

Whats goin on in here. I keep getting notifications that theres new posts in this thread but when I come in.......nothing. Maybe I've been blocked or is it all secret now.

Hey got my light up and running if anyone wants to check it out in my journal. Let the sun shine in baby

love the QB120's bro, very nice rig. Im getting 4 of them myself for side lighting. Good job, hope it pulls nicely for your family bro.

All these builds are from guys like Rider who take time and resources to show the rest of us what to look for and tips on how to build so reps to Rider on this one

That Perfect Sun def puts out some light! I'll have to dig in a little deeper and see what he's using.

he uses mono diodes with lenses, simple as that. I mean, he tuned his spectrum to be like the sun, but other then that, its simply mono diodes that beam light on the leafs. although his newer lights have the COBs also, but the diodes alone are awesome.

but the focus is so intense with the lenses, its redicoulouse. Im a Mono-Diode-lensed-Fanboy, lol..

Whats goin on in here. I keep getting notifications that theres new posts in this thread but when I come in.......nothing. Maybe I've been blocked or is it all secret now.

I fear that by placing so many LEDs in close proximity to each other they have achieved the critical mass necessary for self-awareness and are attempting to communicate.

All these builds are from guys like Rider who take time and resources to show the rest of us what to look for and tips on how to build so reps to Rider on this one

We all learn from each other! I just ordered 6 of those Droks that Furcifer recommended on your grow journal. So much more sexy than the Kill-A-Watt meters. Now I need a way of staging the lights on a few milliseconds apart from each other. Two HLG-600H-48As and four HLG-320H-C2100Bs turning on all at once isn't going to fly.

We all learn from each other! I just ordered 6 of those Droks that Furcifer recommended on your grow journal. So much more sexy than the Kill-A-Watt meters. Now I need a way of staging the lights on a few milliseconds apart from each other. Two HLG-600H-48As and four HLG-320H-C2100Bs turning on all at once isn't going to fly.
Might need 2 separate breakers and timers for that

Do the drivers not have a soft start component?

No they don't. What they have is an insane inrush peak that only lasts one or two cycles. Something like 140A for each driver on 120V. Not a problem until you start powering multiple drivers on at the same time. I should be able to run all six drivers to reasonable levels on one 20A circuit no problem. The supply wiring is 12ga.

Alright guys need some insight on some COB lighting
Samsung 90cri @4000k the product I am looking for is this. SPHWH1L5N407XET5A1

I would love to run this
SPHWHAHDNK28YZT3D2 Samsung as well

Are these even good lights for one thing?
I think I am reviewing the data sheets correct for them but I am so new to this.

My biggest issue with this whole diy cob/led conversions is what would I need to power them?
The room size for the next grow will be 80inches L by 60inches W
So how many of each would I need to cover this area and have a decent grow?
I would like at least 600watt -1000watt am I even going at this the right way?

I would like to keep it under $1000 hopping the grow I am on will cover most of the cost I will most likely invest all of that money to this setup

Do keep in mind this is a like a couple of months out just want to start getting planned ahead of time

If I was in a non legal state I would probably be a little more worried about how I stated it but thank you anyways guess not always the best to just blast stuff out there. If its breaking the rules I do apologize and will correct it.

Hey

i would like create a DIY Board with
Samsung F-Series Gen3 (LT-FB22B) strips (112cm) 3000K
Reason for not use the LT-FB24B double strips is, with single strips i can better devide.. with more cable and work but thats ok...

my small room is 22inch x 44,49inch and 56,29inch high

i would like use 12 strips.
also I would like add to this configuration additional LED for better control growth and flowering like blue-led (for a squatted plant because im interested in mostly sativa hybrid plants) , Red or Deep Red LED maybe 650 or 660nm and FarRed LED for sunset simulation to can maybe use shorter daylight hours.

My understanding for each LED is not professional i need help for configure this system.

can anyone help me to configure this system?

my next question is ... if is possible to configure the 12 strips in 2 parallel sections with one
dimmable MeanWell power suppllie or is better to use 2xsupplies for better control the color-LED's?

kind regards
sopa

Back
Top Bottom