Why no blue light in some LED fixtures?

It is full spectrum, which means it has all of those colors they show on the graph down below on that page you linked. 'White' light is all of the colors mixed together.

i keep bringing this up.

in the old days of hid we segregated veg and flower lights by spectrum / kelvin. they all came with kelvin ratings
this was because the bulbs were limited in the spectrum / kelvin they could produce. mh in veg and hps in flower was the norm.

guess what ? led emitters kinda work the same. all those tiny little emitters are all biased to a particular kelvin. just like the old bulbs. difference is, there are many many many more of them. this means the light can be 'tuned' to create a full spec veg / flower light.

kinda the holy grail of indoor weed lighting.

except what is taken from peter is given to paul. as a result most singular 'full spec' lights will exhibit a bias to one side or the other.

what we get as a result is where all the marketing is. all the various mfgrs are chasing the right mix of available emitters to create what they hope is the ultimate one stop full spec solution.

Geeze it's a 4k. Tons of one,limited blue. Not exactly a full or targeted spectrum but will do the job. More of a human office or warehouse spectrum deficient for plants & humans.

Geeze it's a 4k. Tons of one,limited blue. Not exactly a full or targeted spectrum but will do the job. More of a human office or warehouse spectrum deficient for plants & humans.

link to the fixture cites only 3000k and 5000k. plus some far red. they went heavy on directed spectrum in both blue and red.

link to the fixture cites only 3000k and 5000k. plus some far red. they went heavy on directed spectrum in both blue and red.
Screenshot_20220205-110942_Chrome.jpg

What we have here is referred to a similarity of the typical Electrically High Efficiency spectrum. Basically a 4k with a tad of 660nm & less of a tad of 730nm -EDITTED-. It's 85-90 cri white bro.

Screenshot_20220205-110942_Chrome.jpg

What we have here is referred to a similarity of the typical Electrically High Efficiency spectrum. Basically a 4k with a tad of 660nm & less of a tad of 730nm -EDITTED-. It's 85-90 cri white bro.
it's a generic graph. i got the exact same one when i enquired where my cob rigs wound up. you can find the exact same one all over. you can even buy them. i bought the use of one when i was selling rigs.

i went off the specs for the light itself.

Sunlike Full Spectrum Light Indoor Growing】Consists of 660nm of red led, 3000K and 5000K of white led and IR led, optimal full spectrum led grow lights.

lol. bro.

Back
Top Bottom