I have caterpillars

Garden Girl

420 Member
I noticed on Saturday I have caterpillars in some of my buds. I look at my plants very closely and I think I caught it early. I have treated with BT spray and neem oil. Any other suggestions. I saw a few poop drops this morning on one plant but not many.

That’s a shame - they are really a nuisance and cause bud rot. Check for suddenly brown sugar leaves and mush - cut out all the brown mush plus a bit more around it to make sure you get it all.
Yes I found first mushy black rot. I removed several buds and leaves. Hopefully I got it early enough. Rest look good this morning except the few turds I found

I have treated with BT spray and neem oil.
BT spray is your best bet. I wouldn't use neem oil if the plant is flowering. You don't want to smoke that stuff and it doesn't wash off (even if you do bud washing - which is highly recommended if you grow outdoors).
Any other suggestions.
Keep searching for the caterpillars regularly. Where there is one or two, there is likely 40 or 50. BT spray is good, but can't always get into the nooks and crannies of the large buds, which is where they mostly likely start out. Good luck!

I noticed on Saturday I have caterpillars in some of my buds. I look at my plants very closely and I think I caught it early. I have treated with BT spray and neem oil. Any other suggestions. I saw a few poop drops this morning on one plant but not many.
Did you use BTk? The strain is important.

This is what I got

1EEAB0F7-5AB7-48CE-A384-BE553A366023.jpeg

I had the same problem. I grow outdoors and there a quite a bit of moths and little butterflies flying around my yard. I did neem oil. Not much results. so i ordered a decent bug zapper and that thing is going off all night. I also ordered Trichogramma eggs. You can get 100,000 eggs for $19.99. They are tiny little (5-6 adults can fit on a pencil tip) wasp that dont sting people or do any harm except to moths and caterpillars. When they hatch they are driven by scent to the eggs of (moths) caterpillars and then they lay their own eggs inside the caterpillar eggs and kills them. These guys are on a full on seek and destroy mission. The eggs come glued to a card with 3 strips. You can cut the strips and place where ever you have an infestation or just hang the whole card on your plants and let these dudes murder those cats. Check out NaturesGoodGuys.com and they can over night the eggs (pricey but quick) or 2 day. They started hatching inside the bag the day after i got mine but they just kinda chill untill you let them out. I just ordered another 100,000. Im not taking any many chances of losing yield to those mf'ers.

I had the same problem. I grow outdoors and there a quite a bit of moths and little butterflies flying around my yard. I did neem oil. Not much results. so i ordered a decent bug zapper and that thing is going off all night. I also ordered Trichogramma eggs. You can get 100,000 eggs for $19.99. They are tiny little (5-6 adults can fit on a pencil tip) wasp that dont sting people or do any harm except to moths and caterpillars. When they hatch they are driven by scent to the eggs of (moths) caterpillars and then they lay their own eggs inside the caterpillar eggs and kills them. These guys are on a full on seek and destroy mission. The eggs come glued to a card with 3 strips. You can cut the strips and place where ever you have an infestation or just hang the whole card on your plants and let these dudes murder those cats. Check out NaturesGoodGuys.com and they can over night the eggs (pricey but quick) or 2 day. They started hatching inside the bag the day after i got mine but they just kinda chill untill you let them out. I just ordered another 100,000. Im not taking any many chances of losing yield to those mf'ers.
Great info thank you! I’ll check them out. I also ordered some mosquito netting. I’m determined not to let them get the best of me and my plants. I think it’s worth a try the natural preditors.

Back
Top Bottom