I hope this works

Deve

Hello everyone!
I will first try to tell everyone what I have done so far and then I will ask some questions, hopefully if anyone has any advise they will feel free to chime in.

I built a room outside approx. 5 X 6 X 7. I lined the walls, floors and ceiling with 2 inch thick styrofoam. I got a 10,000 BTU A/C unit to keep it cool. I setup a 4 X 4 X 7 Gorilla Grow Tent inside the room.
I hung 2 Mars Hydro II 900 watt led lights.
I built a tote Aeroponic style system and cloned some plants from outdoors and started trying to root them in 3 inch aerobaskets. They were not doing well so I changed the water and added a bubbler.
Then I designed another unit from my Iwaki pump, some pvc and other stuff I had lying around and moved into the new system.
Temps daytime are 95 outside and 82 in the room with humidity approx. 48 percent. Night time temps at or below 74 degrees and humidity approx. 77 percent.
TDS @ 1100
Lights on for 13 hours day and 11 night.
Nutrient pump 30 minutes on 30 minutes off.
PH @ 6.2
Water temp in sump unknown right now but I will get a thermometer soon.
Roots look ok I guess They are only 10 days old or so. Not hairy but there are a lot.
room121.JPG
room219.JPG
IMG_060527.JPG

Is there anything I have missed?
Should I keep the timer settings where they are for the lights or the nutrient pump?
Do I have too much light?
Mars Hydro says 18 to 22 inches from the plants but that is with 1 light for a 4 X 4 area. I have 2. does that change things some?
All sugestions or advice welcome.
Thank You!

Great looking set up, deve. Would love to offer some advice but I'm still lurking & learning. Just wanted to say welcome & good luck. I'm sure some of our knowledgeable members will drift by shortly with some advice.

Two cents.
Careful with styrofoam lining the inside of a grow. It's a very flammable toxic nightmare if there's an electrical problem. Consider covering it with drywall.

Hi. Ok I read the rest now- just got stuck on the styrofoam thing first.
You're giving ten day old plants a nutrient solution of tds 1100?? I wouldn't think they would still be alive. Am I missing something?
I don't grow hydro so can't answer about the nutrient pump.
I'm pretty sure there's no such thing as too much light. As long as they're not too close.

The plants are tomatos and peppers. They were outside until ten days ago. I took cuttings and started with them. They were still alive today. I added Miracle Grow to the sump last night. I tested it today with a meter. I am going to have to go look at them now to make certain they are ok! :yikes:

Back
Top Bottom