Hullo - New Member, first time grower

Hi,

I'm based in Thailand, my Thai wife is obsessed with three things, growing plants, fishing and cooking. I work in the tech industry so we've decided with the mostly decrimilised marijuana status in Thailand (we have a license for 200 plants from the government) we would pool our various expertise and grow some plants.

Our setup so far is as follows:

Tent #1
1.2m x 2.4m x 2m @Mars Hydro
8" Inline extractor with carbon filter
2x Mars Hydro 6500 FC Series
6x Xiaomi 4" mini fans for training
Grow medium - cleaned coconut coir with perlite in fabric grow bags
Custom stainless steel shelf to fit the tent at 30cm off the floor to allow for drainage, run off below it. (this stuff is super cheap in Thailand from a fabricator, takes a day material plus $20USD)
Wifi enabled switches, Co2/humidity/temp/ph monitor - manual PH and TDS PPM testers.
Probably some "peel off and leave" dehumidifiers and same for Co2
Some creeper net for training
Seeds are GSC from @Herbies Seeds

Undecided - fert

Tent #2
Mars Hydro 1.2m x 1.2m x 2m
1x 320W Chinese light 60cm x 60cm - basically same design as the Mars Hydro but the older Samsung 201B series lights.
10" ocillating fan
Same style stainless shelf
This is for seeding before harvest in the other tents then drying when the seedlings have been swapped out for the harvest and go in the other tents

Tent #3
Same as #1 above BUT Mars Hydro in Th have the FC 8000 lights available next week so getting two of them.

This is all going in a 4x6m store room with a/c on a Sensibo controller where I can set the temp and humidity. The room only has high level windows and a small server rack for my CCTV and network stuff - I'm all over watching the temp and humidity inside the tents and out because there is other equipment there. Have a couple of glass window panes being fitted with duct vents so the air flow all goes up the road into the jungle - whilst we are licensed I don't want any smell going towards the nearest neighbours - the mayor of the village lives next door to me 😅

I have a sensei, a huge 30 year plus commercial grower but he doesn't have any personal experience with tents/LEDs but is great on other stuff - his places are mega outdoor farms or indoor factory spaces, great on genetics and basics so hopefully I can learn some stuff from here.

Any recommenations on fertiliser much appreciated!

Will post some pictures if anyone is interested as I go along.

DeeBeeBee

Welcome to the @420 Magazine family @DeeBeeBee . A lot of members are having wonderful grows with @Prescription Blend although I haven’t used them personally I plan to with my next grow. Also being a member entitles you to discounts and after 50 posts you can enter contests to win growing supplies. Happy growing. CL🍀

Welcome to the @420 Magazine family @DeeBeeBee . A lot of members are having wonderful grows with @Prescription Blend although I haven’t used them personally I plan to with my next grow. Also being a member entitles you to discounts and after 50 posts you can enter contests to win growing supplies. Happy growing. CL🍀
Awesome thanks - have some Bruce Banner autos from cuttings outside that look like have some deficiencies and the shop next the place I have lunch most days (its a weed selling shop - one every few 100 metres in Phuket these days) has Dutch Pro, bought some A/B as literally next door but its expensive compared to online. Will def look into Prescription Blend.

Awesome thanks - have some Bruce Banner autos from cuttings outside that look like have some deficiencies and the shop next the place I have lunch most days (its a weed selling shop - one every few 100 metres in Phuket these days) has Dutch Pro, bought some A/B as literally next door but its expensive compared to online. Will def look into Prescription Blend.
There’s a very successful commercial grower who is also a member that I think you could benefit from meeting @Mycelium Farmer is his name. CL🍀

Welcome to 420 Magazine @DeeBeeBee

Have you been growing long?
Thailand's is a beautiful place to live.

Here's some helpful info.

Welcome New Members - Please Read Before Posting

Here is some information if you would like to start a a grow journal How to Make a Grow Journal

If you want to see want other growers are doing, here's that link. This is where you place your journal.

Journals in Progress

Current and Ongoing
www.420magazine.com

And, after you have over 50 posts you can vote and enter our contest to win free grow stuff from our sponsors.

420 Contests
Win Cool 420 Prizes
www.420magazine.com

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok.. :bong:

Welcome to 420 Magazine @DeeBeeBee

Have you been growing long?
Thailand's is a beautiful place to live.

Here's some helpful info.

Welcome New Members - Please Read Before Posting

Here is some information if you would like to start a a grow journal How to Make a Grow Journal

If you want to see want other growers are doing, here's that link. This is where you place your journal.

Journals in Progress

Current and Ongoing
www.420magazine.com

And, after you have over 50 posts you can vote and enter our contest to win free grow stuff from our sponsors.

420 Contests
Win Cool 420 Prizes
www.420magazine.com

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok.. :bong:
Thanks man - def doing a grow journal and yep will post there. At the fun stage where lots of boxes of stuff are arriving. First serious grow, doena few bits outside but the weather here the last six months not been great for anything outdoors - 18 hours rain on and 6 hours off not great. But have some great irl advice and just been reading the forums and looking at other people's grows all day trying to absorb knowledge.

Thank you and others for the warm welcome

DeeBeeBee

Welcome DeeBeeBee, good luck with your farm!
Thanks mate - "farm" is a big word for what I'm starting with!
From reading the forums (and seeing the pictures which are worth 1000 words) feel like I'm in the right place to learn and try not to mess up too much.
Looking forward to getting the journal up and going, where I'll post it in the journal section. This is just a hello and thank you!

DeeBeeBee

From reading the forums (and seeing the pictures which are worth 1000 words) feel like I'm in the right place to learn and try not to mess up too much.
Looking forward to getting the journal up and going, where I'll post it in the journal section. This is just a hello and thank you!

DeeBeeBee
I’m looking forward to seeing your Grow Journal 👀. CL🍀

Awesome intro and I have to admit I am slightly jealous of your location 😂 I've tried the passed three years to visit Thailand and have been denied entry all three times lol

But I wish you and your wife the best on your grow and I can't wait to see what you both can do :headbanger:

Awesome intro and I have to admit I am slightly jealous of your location 😂 I've tried the passed three years to visit Thailand and have been denied entry all three times lol

But I wish you and your wife the best on your grow and I can't wait to see what you both can do :headbanger:
Thanks bro! Getting in visa wise not normally a problem but the last three years been a mess for travel everywhere.
Its amazing seeing things like heaters being sold - that’s definitely not an issue here! 😅

Thanks bro! Getting in visa wise not normally a problem but the last three years been a mess for travel everywhere.
Its amazing seeing things like heaters being sold - that’s definitely not an issue here! 😅
Hahaha yea travel has been nuts.... But I was able to go to Dubai, Costa Rica, and Philippines..... Almost got into Thailand but the flight was cancelled 4 days before trip so I had to change to somewhere else lol.

And yea for sure heat is not an issue in Thailand lol how are you dealing with humidity control there?

DeeBeeBee
Hehe, I saw the 200 and went with it. Those tents will still keep you busy. Going to be fun!

Hahaha yea travel has been nuts.... But I was able to go to Dubai, Costa Rica, and Philippines..... Almost got into Thailand but the flight was cancelled 4 days before trip so I had to change to somewhere else lol.

And yea for sure heat is not an issue in Thailand lol how are you dealing with humidity control there?
For me where we are humidity isn’t a big deal. Where I normally live in SE Asia its off the charts close on 100%. Here tends to not much more than low 70s% naturally. Every $ store sells blister packs about the size of a brick that we’re used to throwing in our wardrobes a thinking maybe 2-4 of them every month or so. Electric ones are cheap as chips but not anticipating needing one to get down to a good grow RH% even with the plants. If I need the store to buy one is less than a mile away but have the sensors for that. See how it goes

Hehe, I saw the 200 and went with it. Those tents will still keep you busy. Going to be fun!
Fun is the main thing. My wife loves growing stuff and its very much a joint effort. I’m about the research, spreadsheets and setting up sensors. My wife all about talking to the plants. Fingers crossed it works out . Divorce is expensive 😂🤣

Hello! Good to see you. Nice selection. Keep an eye out for some unique landrace strains locally. You'll find plenty of fun here. A whole lot of fun and knowledge.
Stay stoneder.

Welcome to 420 @DeeBeeBee!

Having a wife that's highly interested in "growing plants, fishing and cooking" sounds like a dream come true. :Rasta:

Happy growing!

Hi,

I'm based in Thailand, my Thai wife is obsessed with three things, growing plants, fishing and cooking. I work in the tech industry so we've decided with the mostly decrimilised marijuana status in Thailand (we have a license for 200 plants from the government) we would pool our various expertise and grow some plants.

Our setup so far is as follows:

Tent #1
1.2m x 2.4m x 2m @Mars Hydro
8" Inline extractor with carbon filter
2x Mars Hydro 6500 FC Series
6x Xiaomi 4" mini fans for training
Grow medium - cleaned coconut coir with perlite in fabric grow bags
Custom stainless steel shelf to fit the tent at 30cm off the floor to allow for drainage, run off below it. (this stuff is super cheap in Thailand from a fabricator, takes a day material plus $20USD)
Wifi enabled switches, Co2/humidity/temp/ph monitor - manual PH and TDS PPM testers.
Probably some "peel off and leave" dehumidifiers and same for Co2
Some creeper net for training
Seeds are GSC from @Herbies Seeds

Undecided - fert

Tent #2
Mars Hydro 1.2m x 1.2m x 2m
1x 320W Chinese light 60cm x 60cm - basically same design as the Mars Hydro but the older Samsung 201B series lights.
10" ocillating fan
Same style stainless shelf
This is for seeding before harvest in the other tents then drying when the seedlings have been swapped out for the harvest and go in the other tents

Tent #3
Same as #1 above BUT Mars Hydro in Th have the FC 8000 lights available next week so getting two of them.

This is all going in a 4x6m store room with a/c on a Sensibo controller where I can set the temp and humidity. The room only has high level windows and a small server rack for my CCTV and network stuff - I'm all over watching the temp and humidity inside the tents and out because there is other equipment there. Have a couple of glass window panes being fitted with duct vents so the air flow all goes up the road into the jungle - whilst we are licensed I don't want any smell going towards the nearest neighbours - the mayor of the village lives next door to me 😅

I have a sensei, a huge 30 year plus commercial grower but he doesn't have any personal experience with tents/LEDs but is great on other stuff - his places are mega outdoor farms or indoor factory spaces, great on genetics and basics so hopefully I can learn some stuff from here.

Any recommenations on fertiliser much appreciated!

Will post some pictures if anyone is interested as I go along.

DeeBeeBee
Good morning my friend. :ciao:
My apologies for the late welcome. :welcome:
Hope your enjoying yourself here.
Have a great day. :passitleft:

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

Back
Top Bottom