Rewis19

Good afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen, Rewis19 here. New to the forum, but not new to growing.

I will be starting a new grow diary in the next week or so, but this time it will be 8 plants in a 1.2m x 2.4 Mars hydro tent. I usually grow in a 1m x 1m so the extra room will be amazing for me. I have just finished my last grow in that tent where I pulled 15 ounces of some fat chunky, potent bud, All grown in coco.

The changes I’m looking to make in this new tent is that I want to “fully” automate the feeding, with a irrigation system, so if anyone has any experience making one or can point me in a direction of someone that has that would be amazing.

Take care of eachother, and take care of yourselves, Rewis19.

Welcome! Very interested in your irrigation automation plan. I started building mine but donated all of my stuff when I moved. My set up was for soil but would work for coco. Basically, a pump in a resevoir going to horseshoe shaped sprinkler heads in each pot. Key is the timer and equal distance of tubing to each plant in my opinion. I'll be building one again for my mothers in soil for hopefully an August vacation so I will definitely follow along if you link your journal here when you start it.

The other consideration being these aquarium fans or whatever. They were supposed to stir the nutrients up. My plan was to have the timer turn those on in the resevoir for like 5 minutes before the pump kicked on. The timer I had was adjustable in minutes on and off and could turn on several times throughout the day

Hello Rewis19 - Simplest method is capillary matting or wick system, gravity fed dripper system, then NFT. Depends how complicated you want to make it. Gravity dripper is very simple and easily adjustable - fill up the bag with water/nutes, hang it up and set the drippers and you can leave it for a week or so
Some folks have massive setups that look too much like hard work to me
Personally, coco, light, water & organics - that's it for me as I want exquisite quality over quantity

Welcome! Very interested in your irrigation automation plan. I started building mine but donated all of my stuff when I moved. My set up was for soil but would work for coco. Basically, a pump in a resevoir going to horseshoe shaped sprinkler heads in each pot. Key is the timer and equal distance of tubing to each plant in my opinion. I'll be building one again for my mothers in soil for hopefully an August vacation so I will definitely follow along if you link your journal here when you start it.
Hi mate, I’ve always hand fed all my plants over the last 4/5 years. But with coco and feeding every single day it has made it awkward for me to plan anything as I’m always having to be there at some point of the day to feed them. I’m hoping with this automated system I can fill my reservoir and it will last 5-7 days, like you said, it will probably just be a basic setup. Reservoir, pump connected to a timer for accuracy feeding, a length of pipe/tube from the pump, in to the tent and have equal length feed lines coming from the main pipe/tube then just block the end off. I already have a Rhizo drain system so that’s taking care of the run off. I’ve always fed until run off with coco to avoid any salt build ups so I’m not sure if I would use drippers (not sure if you drip until run off) or just flood the pots until run off is achieved if you can understand me?

anyways, it’s going to be a fun journey:) I will update this post with my grow journal when the time comes

:welcome: And run a dripper for awhile as already said pipe length plays a big factor and plant.There was always
one that didnt want as much water.Hard work to dail in for ME but when it was it worked great.Just screamed
the same strain tried it once with a few strains and it was a nightmare. Good luck

PS i grabbed some tp link home plugs and used it on the pump and a mixer.On and off on my phone app.

Good afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen, Rewis19 here. New to the forum, but not new to growing.

I will be starting a new grow diary in the next week or so, but this time it will be 8 plants in a 1.2m x 2.4 Mars hydro tent. I usually grow in a 1m x 1m so the extra room will be amazing for me. I have just finished my last grow in that tent where I pulled 15 ounces of some fat chunky, potent bud, All grown in coco.

The changes I’m looking to make in this new tent is that I want to “fully” automate the feeding, with a irrigation system, so if anyone has any experience making one or can point me in a direction of someone that has that would be amazing.

Take care of eachother, and take care of yourselves, Rewis19.
Nice welcome post my friend.
We are glad to have you as part of the team.
Welcome to 420magazine.
Bill

After u have over 50 posts i think u are allowed to priv message people.I have spoken to sarah in priv
about my shipment etc.Who is the mars rep on here great lady so dont abuse her (jokes). :cool:
Also on there site u have a chat box they tend to answer in the end. Or just post in marshydro grow light
dis.She as said is a great rep and will answer you. #Mars Hydro

After u have over 50 posts i think u are allowed to priv message people.I have spoken to sarah in priv
about my shipment etc.Who is the mars rep on here great lady so dont abuse her (jokes). :cool:
Also on there site u have a chat box they tend to answer in the end. Or just post in marshydro grow light
dis.She as said is a great rep and will answer you. #Mars Hydro
Thanks for the reply. Ah right, only asking as I’ve signed a contract with them through email about 3 weeks ago and I haven’t heard anything back :( is there any way I can tag Sarah in here?

Back
Top Bottom