I Like a girl with balls as much as the next guy, just not in my flower room.

Smokeyjoe

I can't sleep so I was looking at trichs when I spotted something.
A picture speaks a thousand words.
My camera is being a bitch so this picture only says about 500.
Do_you_see_what_I_see_003.JPG

Kinda fuzzy but you might ask yourself, are those little round calyx's with no hairs growing out of them tightly clustered together? The answer would be yes....

Look dead center at the bud on the right. Now look up ever so slightly. You will see (kinda blurred sorry) what looks like a very small banana pointing upwards.
Do_you_see_what_I_see_006.JPG

Do_you_see_what_I_see_005.JPG

You might now be wondering, why do you have bananas in your grow room? Do you use monkeys for security? As awesome as that sounds, sadly the answer is no.

Now for the serious part.
I have found bananas on the single cola(12/12 from clone) plant and even a big swollen (not ripe) seed on said plant (different plant than the pictured one but it is a clone of the pictured plant.)
So that is 2 plants in my flower room throwing bananas. They are starting week 6 tomorrow of flowering.....

I have 4 other plants flowering in there(super lemon haze, see journal) that have been going for 2 weeks+ and look normal. I realize that if I don't want the whole crop to chance being seeded I must remove the Hermies now.
I do not know if this is stress or genetic related. I also don't want to grow out a bunch of seeded plants when I have a veg room full of stock and more fem seeds in the drawer. This plant was given to me and was not from a fem seed. The plant's I am talking about are not fully seeded but one main cola , some smaller lower buds and I am seeing bananas that would probably throw a wrench in the works.

I really don't know wtf to do now, lights go off in 1.5 hours and I don't feel comfortable putting the SHIM's back in the tent. 5 weeks flower, can they be used for anything? Would it be worth smoking? I can't sleep now and am wondering if I shouldn't maybe be cutting down and hanging some plants right now?
Someone throw me a bone, I like to get a few opinions on things before i jump into them so anything would be greatly appreciated. /sad face for real..

Hmmm. Well, since you have a seed already, it's possible some pollen has already been spread. Just a heads up. I would pull it, dry it, and smoke it. See if you like it. If not, there's always cannabutter. ;-)

Thank you Ms Fox.
I came to that conclusion last night myself and chopped shim up real good! I took the opportunity and pulled almost all the trim off by hand and got a few bowls of finger hash which made it hard to sit through class today with no sleep lol. So I have a paper bag of shake drying and the plant chopped and hanging. I guess the fact that they waited till week 6 to throw bananas is ok because they came out with at least a little thc content and it might be the perfect opportunity to try making some of that cannabutter you were mentioning!

I currently have them hanging in my bathroom with the exhaust fan going and there they will stay until they are dry. Would it be advisable to put a fan in the bathroom on the floor on low to circulate the air around or would that force dry them to quickly?:thanks::rollit:

What do you think of the security monkey idea? I mean come on they could have eaten the damn banana before it caused trouble!

Sure, a fan is ok. I use one here, because of high humidity. Just to let you know, female plants will produce male bananas in order to further their genes when a male plant is not available to pollenate her. Since she had some amber trichs, I bet that's all that happened. Usually this doesn't happen untill way late in her growing cycle. It's a bit strange to me that it happened earlier, but I wouldn't say it wasn't possible.

I am seeing a lot more bananas now that I trimmed (they were hiding) all are singles tho no clusters.
I am thinking about trying to harvest the unpopped sacks for future fun and games. Thanks Ms. Fox Humidity is a tad higher here than I would like for drying also so a fan it is! Lushez, if you find a good deal on a pair of monkeys let me know I will split the cost!

The story has a happy ending! When I got home tonight and went to mist the clones 7/13 had roots everywhere! So I have now been able to clone both strains and am confident in my cloning abilities! After chopping the hermies last night a spot has opened up in the flower room, and with me having 5 SLH rooted clones vegging I threw mom into the flower room. The only difference is she is the same size the other SLH in flower are but she has yet to stretch! I like big girls!

I am thinking about trying to harvest the unpopped sacks for future fun and games.

Good idea. If you use the pollen you get from her, you will get feminized seeds. ;-) Congrats on the roots!

Back
Top Bottom