I Need a Scale

Re: I Need a Scale?

ohaus triple beam bringing back memories now
i'd still be useing mine also, but the pigs got it 12 years ago
now i got a 5.99 w/free s/h digi from eb*y only had a month no probs yet

Buying digital scales in store

For those looking to buy a scale but can't wait a few days for one to be shipped I would recommend visiting the local walmart and/or staples. These two places (usually) always have postage and food scales. The only down side is they are mostly large platform scales designed for postage and/or food. What that means is they only weigh down to 1 gram (but usually up to several thousand grams) so they aren't the best for accurately weighing medical marijuana. They also usually retail for $50 and up and walmart or staples never have "pocket" scales.

For those looking to purchase a pocket scale you can check local headshops and gas stations. Gas stations usually sell the cheapest locally available pocket scales. I would never advise anyone to purchase a scale from a headshop as you will likely pay $50 for an entry level pocket scale (versus $20-$30 at a gas station)...and they go up from there.

Buying digital scales online

When buying a scale online you have three choices.

1. The first option is buying from an open marketplace such as ebay. The selection and pricing is good however most (if not all) sellers ship from china. This will A) Take a while, generally 2-3 weeks. B) Very hard and expensive to return/replace if you get a lemon. C) No warranty and many times low quality. And finally, the worse part is when items are shipped from overseas (ie china to U.S.) they have to declare what the item is on the outside of the package. This means you will get a digital scale shipped to your address that has a label stating it is a digital scale.

2. The second option is to purchase from an online headshop. Most do not offer free shipping and have pricing just as expensive as a brick and mortar headshop with the added inconvenience of having to wait for it to arrive (usually from the UK)

3. The last option is to buy from an online scale store such as Scaleforherb.com . All scales are reasonably priced, shipped directly from the United States, and come with a 5 or 10 year warranty. Scaleforherb.com also offers a wide variety of scales such as digital pocket scales, large platform scales, stealth scales, even old school triple beam scales (brings back memories right guys?), and lots of accessories like calibration kits and design mini ziplock baggies. To boot, all orders come with free shipping and 100 free baggies. Shipments generally arrive within just 2-7 days and come discretely packaged with nothing to worry about! Check out the website here and also get 10% off to any 420magazine member simply by entering the coupon code "420mag" at checkout.

I think now most of the companies offer a range of scale on Ebay and amazon with different features and price. So you must search there for getting best scales at affordable price. I buy a digital kitchen scale from ebay which have a long life battery with beautiful design.

Back
Top Bottom