I Need a Scale

simondetroit

I'm still a few weeks out from Harvest but I am looking into getting a scale. Something under $100 and digital. I've found a ton for sale online but some of them have prices so cheap that it makes me think they will not stay accurate for long. Also, how do you calibrate? I've seen some calibration weights and they cost more than the scales do? Thanks!

Re: I Need a Scale??

I have a couple of the cheap ones (<$20). They work fine, hold calibration well and are easy to recalibrate. However, I wish I bought one accurate to .005 gm instead of .01. It would be more accurate for weighing out kief.

Re: I Need a Scale?

If you are looking for a good cheap scale you can go to a harbor freight it is a hardware store. You could probably pick one up at home depot or Lowes.
Or you could just go to a smoke shop and pick one up under $100.
:peace: *Monsterbob420*

I'm still a few weeks out from Harvest but I am looking into getting a scale. Something under $100 and digital. I've found a ton for sale online but some of them have prices so cheap that it makes me think they will not stay accurate for long. Also, how do you calibrate? I've seen some calibration weights and they cost more than the scales do? Thanks!

I always just use a nickel, weighs exactly 5 grams.

So... that's why they call it a nickle bag!

hort

Hey SD.

Did you decide on a scale? If so which one bro?

:peace:
SF

Ya SF, I'm gonna order this one by the end of the week unless I find something better in the same price range. Amazon: Digiweigh DW-600BX Digital Pocket Scales, 600g x 0.1g

1667506471795.png

The also sell iit on Ebay and it goes down to .005
It got good reviews too

I personally think it is better built, and just as accurate. Comes with a 100g calibration wt and never seems to be off. YMMV.

:peace:

is that an American nickel? I think the Canadian nickel is a fraction, but I could be wrong, just remembering if it was oz's or grams. I will now have to look that up just to be sure. Good tip none the less.

Am I the only one still using an Ohaus triple beam? Ive had mine over 20 years and its still right on the money. Weighs 1/10 of a gram to 5 pounds.

This thread made me feed old. :whoa:

O.H.

Back
Top Bottom