I need answers!

JJBainY

Can someone solve my conundrum? I have three plants, a lemon meringue, that is oldest, tall and budding, and two Peanut Butter Breath plants that were germinated at the same time and grow along next to each other. Both plants are female. One of them grew to about seven inches and began to flower. Since then the plant has grown pistils and sugar leaves and very small buds. Here's where it gets interesting... the plant stopped growing. It's been about a month and the plant hasn't moved or really even grown any bigger buds. On the other hand, that plants sister has since been growing healthy.

Let me give you all an idea of my grow room; I've got a 4' X 4' X 7' grow room, I'm using a 600 watt full spectrum led light, The girls root in soil, I hadn't used nutrients, and I have done all the plants on 12/12 from birth.

During the short period of veg I used about two brain cells when choosing my soil and bought straight fertilizer in the form of dirt and bullshit (literally). The plants only remained in the "hot" soil for a few days, no more than a week until I noticed what I had done. They did take on a little nitrogen toxicity and nutrient burn but very minor, the plant only showed faint signs of toxicity. The plants seemed to bounce back quite well. A few days pass and I realize the nights were getting colder, as here we are into fall, so I gave the plants 24 hours of dark to set my lights on at night to even out the temperature. Again the plants seemed fine, they had a rhythm that looked alarming (droopy leaves), but I did my research and had felt I was okay.

Back to the present... the sister of the stunted plant is just now budding and is growing fine. The lemon Meringue is tall and mature but that one is just... just stunted I guess. What is going on? Should I just cut it down? Or should I just ride it out?

Attachments

• IMAG0059.jpg
    IMAG0059.jpg
    475 KB · Views: 67
  • IMAG0060.jpg
    IMAG0060.jpg
    441.6 KB · Views: 63
The trichomes look fine crystalline and white with orange-ing pistils, there are also white pistils present as well. The buds are very small. I attached a couple pictures, I don't know if the quality is very good though.

The seeds were from trimmings I bought from a recreational dispensary here in Colorado. That's how I usually get my seeds.

Phosphorous is a primary macronutrient responsible for respiration, cell division & growth. Plays an important role with enzymes, dna & root growth. It increases flower & seed production, brix ratio, and help the plant use h2o more efficiently. Sound like a deficiency could cause a stunt? It can, and the evidence of a deficiency is purple stems. Do I see purple stems here in the purple light? If so you have one potential lead.

That blurple light looks awfully blue, is it just the camera? Looks like you have just the veg switch on if there's two. That's a big tent for the light you have , I'm thinking. Check that light that something isn't wonky. Drooping leaves don't necessarily mean it's dry, could mean the opposite, could mean else. How does the soil feel if you stick your finger up to the first knuckle. wet, damp, dry? Don't freak and start trying everything at once. Drag the plant into natural light and take some pics of the plant, pot and soil.

I veg at 18/6 and will flower at 12/12, some veg 24/7.

Phosphorous is a primary macronutrient responsible for respiration, cell division & growth. Plays an important role with enzymes, dna & root growth. It increases flower & seed production, brix ratio, and help the plant use h2o more efficiently. Sound like a deficiency could cause a stunt? It can, and the evidence of a deficiency is purple stems. Do I see purple stems here in the purple light? If so you have one potential lead.
The light makes it look really purple but the stems do have slight purple colouration at the end by the base of the fan leafs. The soil they are in have the basic nutrients for flowering plants. I thought it could have been a result of the nutrient burn from the hot soil but the sister is fine, and the eldest has been doing well. Also I just switched lights from a much smaller led grow light that was far to weak for budding plants. The light currently is a mix of blue, white, and red leds. Do u think its worth keeping around? Or should I make room for the new girls?

That blurple light looks awfully blue, is it just the camera? Looks like you have just the veg switch on if there's two. That's a big tent for the light you have , I'm thinking. Check that light that something isn't wonky. Drooping leaves don't necessarily mean it's dry, could mean the opposite, could mean else. How does the soil feel if you stick your finger up to the first knuckle. wet, damp, dry? Don't freak and start trying everything at once. Drag the plant into natural light and take some pics of the plant, pot and soil.

I veg at 18/6 and will flower at 12/12, some veg 24/7.
The soil has been slightly damp, I usually water every fourth day. Before I was watering quite often around every two days and I don't think they were liking it. I've been watering every four days for about 3 weeks and they seem to be doing well. Also the light is a single setting blue, white, and red led.

The soil has been slightly damp, I usually water every fourth day. Before I was watering quite often around every two days and I don't think they were liking it. I've been watering every four days for about 3 weeks and they seem to be doing well. Also the light is a single setting blue, white, and red led.

Ok, I'm in the middle of my first grow, but we've experienced some similar things like early nute issues and a weaker light.
I don't know enough to know what/if 12/12 has an effect, but the change in duration between veg and flower triggers hormone production and the like so I could logically see that being an issue but without real world I'd be guessing and doing you no favors.

I can offer this advice, though. If you use specialty soil, it's preloaded with nutes to last at least a month unless it's a micro grow where depletion may take place quicker due to plant/ pot size ratio. Every transplant you're adding fresh, so you have to turn back the timer. Le the speed of growth and other observations tell you when to start feeding and use a 1/4 strength dose at first to see what gives.

Water only when the plant starts to droop a little and do it slowly so it soaks in and doesn't run through or around . lift the pot when it's dry and then watered and note the difference in weight. Stick your finger an inch into the soil. If it's damp don't water, if it is do. And make sure you use water the correct Ph, 6-6.5 for soil.

Again, one symptom can fit multiple issues so you really want to nail it down before you act and have a backup just in case.

I've either got to make that vid or start copy/pasting. Not that I mind doing it, I should just be a little smarter about it. ;)

Back
Top Bottom