Urgent help needed with outdoor grow

Makeminefullgrown

Hello, I am growing 2 plants, both photos, outside and just discovered some serious problems. The plants are on a remote piece of land and I only see them once a week or so. They grew so tall and stretched so much, they’ve gotten hard to manage.
Anyway, something is basically killing some of the buds. Not literally but the affected buds are noticeably different and have stopped producing trichomes. The white pistils appear to be dead on the tips.
Plant 1, a Jack Herer, was sailing along and began flowering 5-6 weeks ago. The problem buds appeared recently and are isolated to several of the tops. The plant is over 10ft tall and still has some nice sections that have not been affected.
Plant 2 is a Gelato OG, and looks as healthy as can be. It started flowering a good bit later than the JH. I visited them today and was shocked to see that the bud sites had not grown at all in almost 2 weeks. Upon inspection the pistils have the same thing going on…..they are black on the tips. Plus there is almost no trich production….the entire plant is like this.
I’m growing the same 2 strains indoors and expected the Gelato to lag behind, but this entire plant is showing this problem. Yet it’s leaves are all nice w/ good color and if they have bugs I don’t see them.
The pics are terrible so I apologize. I have to think this is something external going on……some kind of pest I’m guessing.
So what can I do?
The JH still has a large amount of healthy buds developing fine…..but I fear they will end up in the same state.
Is there any chance the Gelato can be treated and will resume bud building??
Thanks for your input…..I’m just sick over this.
4B8C69E2-8ABA-475F-9272-850C2D982BC5.jpeg
E4DD7F9F-DC8A-4FCD-BE7D-333F273BD46F.jpeg
C0BAD4F9-63D7-4238-95C1-96C426EECE2D.jpeg
I’m
FEC751BE-80E4-4462-977D-4EAA752DA7C7.jpeg

ditto Phytoplankton looks pretty amaze balls right now and still have plenty of time left to frost up with glitter…. but to be safe I’d hit them with systemic IPM (soil drench) as well as foliar ipm protection…. spray in late evening….
I hear you and agree there’s a good bit of time left. I’m buying that more with the Gelato where the bud development, or lack thereof, is uniform throughout the whole plant.
But the Jack Herer is under attack by something…. Just a week to 10 days ago the buds in the pic looked much different.
Probably 2/3 of the plant looks like it should…frosty, ton of white pistils popping and buds starting to really take shape. The other 1/3, consisting of just the tops, went from looking like that to having almost no trichs (they’re just not there anymore), pistils that are black and appear dead, and the entire flower almost looks like it has drowned.
So I need to do something to try and keep this “condition” from taking over the entire plant.
I have some Dr Zymes that’s worked well in the past for several different critters. It can be used on the buds too, so I’ll hit it hard and see.
Is there a particular product that you suggest??
The pics I took are a terrible representation of how dire things really look.
Thanks for chiming in.

I’ve did a bit of research and found very little info that mirrors exactly what I’m seeing. I just know I’ve grown my share of plants….most all outdoors and over 20yrs ago, but I feel like I know when something isn’t right. The closest example I found pointed to russet mites as the culprit.
I’ll get some more (better) pics when I spray and post them.
At least I still have a healthy indoor run that should be finishing up in the next 2-3 weeks.

So I treated with Dr Zymes….hit them 3 straight days…..and bingo! I think it worked. New pistil production everywhere and you’d never know they looked the way they did.
If I can keep things between the ditches a few more weeks it should be nice harvest.
7FA7FE51-6CDB-4436-8AC3-2D1E9DDF4B57.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom