Urgent advice Needed

MrGreenie

Hi Guyz
I posted a couple of weeks ago introducing myself, and now i'm 2 weeks in to my second attempt.
I have 5 white widow feminized seedlings on the go, exactly 2 weeks old today.
One of the plants doesn't look that great, kinda shriveled up a bit, but still growing.
The other 4 seedlings the bottom leaves are starting to turn yellow, i noticed this started yesterday.
The top leaves all look really heathy.
I don't want to loose these little baby's.
I'm using soil "canacoco"
I only water with distilled water, and we are talking 2 teaspoons every other day, with a misting on the leaves, the soil looks and feels dry, and my light is a 24w florescent about an inch away from the plants.
11112009079.jpg

11112009076.jpg

These pics were taken 2 days ago i will take some more now.
And post.

Please help

I believe the coco is like a soiless mix so you may need to add a very light dose of nutrients. It looks like it needs some nitrogen. But be careful to use a very low dose till they get bigger.

Thanx for your reply mate, i have read that there is so many different reasons for leaves yellowing, from over watering through to under nourished, p/h wrong, the list is endless, i do have premixed fertilizer with some distilled water, the mix was initially used in my wilma system, it was put in to containers, would it be ok still to use it? And do you think i should repot them, i have read that sometimes the root system can be damaged if not transfered, these seedlings are exactly 2 weeks old so should i transplant, or leave it another week?

I agree with weed420. If those seedlings are in str8 coco, there are ZERO nutrients in coco unless u add them. Start with a light nutrient feeding regimen. Are u testing the PH of ur water? In coco u must or I can guarantee as sure as my heart beats u will run into problems. Click the follow my grow completed link in my signature. I had around 4-6 pots in str8 coco (Canna), last cycle. They had a whole different set of requirements than soil. If ur new to this I'd get some Fox Farms Ocean Forrest soil and transplant them into that. U won't have to feed any nutrients for a few weeks. There's enough in the soil for a couple weeks at least. At least this is how I would approach the problem.

Thanx for your reply mate, i have read that there is so many different reasons for leaves yellowing, from over watering through to under nourished, p/h wrong, the list is endless, i do have premixed fertilizer with some distilled water, the mix was initially used in my wilma system, it was put in to containers, would it be ok still to use it? And do you think i should repot them, i have read that sometimes the root system can be damaged if not transfered, these seedlings are exactly 2 weeks old so should i transplant, or leave it another week?
I would not transplant yet. They're too young and you would probably damage the root system and stress them bad. Try a very light veg nute and give them time to recuperate.

Thankyou for your replies guyz, i have repotted and i think i made the right decision because the roots were hitting the bottom of the cup and looked seriously short of room, and 48 hours later they are still living, but just as i think i have solved one problem i encounter another, yesterday i decided to fit my reflective sheeting in my little grow room and 24watt light dropped on to my plants and burnt several leaves overnight so now i have 3 plants which are burnt, i can't believe my luck, i'm clued up and i have wanted to do this for years, and its one thing after another.
Do i cut off the burnt leaves?
If so surely one of the plants will die as over half of the leaves on the best plant i had will have nothing left on it.
:(

Yeah definitely leave the burnt leaves on til they fall off they will still be good for nutrient storage. Also when they are that small and turn yellow it can sometimes be just the plant taking energy from the leaves to create the root base and then the leaves will green up. Sounds like you just started with some bad luck, best wishes on the rest of your grow, keep us posted. FYI I just finished harvesting 3 White Widows and I gave them nutrient burn a few times and they are pretty hard to hurt, it's a tough strain.

I'd like to say a big thanx to those that have replied, looks like you were all right, the plants have picked up, i'm using fert now it said use 2-4 ml per litre of water, so i have started on 2 ml per 1 litre and although the leaves still look a bit on the dodgy side, the good news is they all seem to have perked up and are producing more new leaves, so all in all a good learning curve if nothing else.
Thanx Again people, i will keep you all posted.

check out --->

Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

How to Ask for Grow Support

Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial

How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know

Thankyou for your replies guyz, i have repotted and i think i made the right decision because the roots were hitting the bottom of the cup and looked seriously short of room, and 48 hours later they are still living, but just as i think i have solved one problem i encounter another, yesterday i decided to fit my reflective sheeting in my little grow room and 24watt light dropped on to my plants and burnt several leaves overnight so now i have 3 plants which are burnt, i can't believe my luck, i'm clued up and i have wanted to do this for years, and its one thing after another.
Do i cut off the burnt leaves?
If so surely one of the plants will die as over half of the leaves on the best plant i had will have nothing left on it.
:(

Agreed!

Leave the leaves where they are. Best not to injure the plant when it's already having troubles...but it looks like others have already said it.

:smokin:

Back
Top Bottom