I need Help please first grow, lower leaves yellowing with brown spotting

Do yourself a favor and buy a bottle of PH up and PH down.....it's almost a mandatory requirement for every decent MJ gardeners tool box. Sure, Lemon juice and other household items will work in the short term or as a band-aid but I like to think that our plants/smoke is worth a few extra bucks. PH is the lifeline of your MJ plants, if it's wrong or unstable, so are your plants. I think If you're going to invest at least 3 months of your time/money/knowledge you might as well do what the experts recommend. I think it's relatively cheap compared to buying Nutrients or a bag of Lemons. :biglaugh:
I'm not trying to some off as better than you or preaching, I'm just trying to impart some hard earned knowledge to you.

Also, I concur that those plants probably need a new home so they can stretch them roots out. I think once you do that they will really start to grow quickly. You might consider putting them in Bloom soon after transplanting but let the shock wear off for a few days before you do. Good luck.

Do yourself a favor and buy a bottle of PH up and PH down.....it's almost a mandatory requirement for every decent MJ gardeners tool box. Sure, Lemon juice and other household items will work in the short term or as a band-aid but I like to think that our plants/smoke is worth a few extra bucks. PH is the lifeline of your MJ plants, if it's wrong or unstable, so are your plants. I think If you're going to invest at least 3 months of your time/money/knowledge you might as well do what the experts recommend. I think it's relatively cheap compared to buying Nutrients or a bag of Lemons. :biglaugh:
I'm not trying to some off as better than you or preaching, I'm just trying to impart some hard earned knowledge to you.

Also, I concur that those plants probably need a new home so they can stretch them roots out. I think once you do that they will really start to grow quickly. You might consider putting them in Bloom soon after transplanting but let the shock wear off for a few days before you do. Good luck.

Thanks for the advice, I need every bit of help with my first grow

I don't know if I can get a ph up or down product here, but I tried the lemon juice method today, withI think I over did it with two plants(the two that were most affected and showing the symptoms more clearly) as the pH is measuring at 5.something now, I added more water after that to bring it up and I'll check them out later to see how it's

But with the other two which just started to show the brown spots, I added less juice and the pH meter is showing 6.6 to 6.4 at various points just like Antics said, thanks for your input again.

I'll try to get a proper picture of what I think is the female sex sign, the hairs, I hope you can confirm for me that it's what I think it is

You can hit 5PH and add some water, and they shouldn't have any permanent issues. When you have the PH at 6.5 keep an eye on the plants and see if the yellowing continues, or if it stops.

If it continues, we need to look at other possible causes of the problem.

If the yellowing stops advancing, and the plants are happy and PH is maintained at 6.5, go buy some PH down as MikeTbob suggested. If nobody locally has it, order it online, and until it arrives you can use the lemon juice to maintain 6.5PH. Just make sure you buy the products specifically for plant use, and not the pool product.

As for sex, Females will have a teardrop shaped growth at a node, and the end of the teardrop is curved, and you'll see pistils/hairs coming out of it.
Males will basically just be a pollen sac.

Sexing plants

Hi everyone,

The problem doesn't seem to be getting any better, and I started to suspect that it might be a calcium magnesium deficiency, as from the research I've done I noticed that the symptoms match, and in addition one of the causes is using RO water, which is what I'm using.

So what do you think guys ?

I don't think it would hurt to try. Just keep a close eye on them.

Hi everyone,

The problem doesn't seem to be getting any better, and I started to suspect that it might be a calcium magnesium deficiency, as from the research I've done I noticed that the symptoms match, and in addition one of the causes is using RO water, which is what I'm using.

So what do you think guys ?

Back
Top Bottom