I need some advice for my first grow room

SherlockStone

Hi everybody ! :420:

I want you to help me please on some question I have ...

That's what I plan for now :

- Strain : THC Auto Bomb (THC Bomb Auto (Bomb Seeds) f'eminis'ee)

- Grow room : 200x200x160cm, reflective wall made in rescue blanket (keep the temperature too)

- Ventilating / Temp Control : Extracteur TT-UN - O 125mm - 280 m3H - Sonde 4m / Vitesse et T^0 Vents - EXTRACTEURS Extracteur TT-UN - O 125mm - 280 m3H - Sonde

- Soil : 50% promix, 35% perlite and 15% vermiculite.

- Culture method : SCROG & Lolipop

Now I have that questions :

- How many plants can I put into my grow room ?

- How many and what the spec of lights ?

- Is anything that I plan for the moment is ok ?

Thanks for future answers :circle-of-love: :Namaste:

If your using promix hp I cant think of any reason to add any perlite in it at all let alone 35%. It already has a ton. You will dry out really quickly. I guess maybe thats why your adding the vermiculite? Just straight promix hp is great right out of the bag.

Sent from my VS980 4G using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I'd go with 4 medium size ones I'm that setup or 2 giants. Each plant can take up as much space as you want. I'd recommend 4 just so they all don't die at once if shit goes south.

@Micheals2016 just 4 ?? I seen people on the web who have very many plants in their room, and if I use Lolipop and SCROG method, can't it be possible to have more plants ? And a better yield ?

:thanks: :Namaste:

If your using promix hp I cant think of any reason to add any perlite in it at all let alone 35%. It already has a ton. You will dry out really quickly. I guess maybe thats why your adding the vermiculite? Just straight promix hp is great right out of the bag.

Sent from my VS980 4G using 420 Magazine Mobile App
He said promix not promix hp, probably why he's adding the perlite.

Sent from my VS985 4G using 420 Magazine Mobile App

@Micheals2016 just 4 ?? I seen people on the web who have very many plants in their room, and if I use Lolipop and SCROG method, can't it be possible to have more plants ? And a better yield ?

:thanks: :Namaste:
More plants =/= more yield. If you were to veg 4 plants to 16" tall then flower, you will get the same result if you were to do several clones going straight into flower. If you have 2m X 2m then you should be able to fit 4 larger plants.

Wattage and environment = yield so the first thing I would do is get the right temp and humidity dialed in, get at least 600watts of HID or LED equivalence, make sure to keep your water ph'd correctly, and don't overfeed or over water. Look for some feeding schedules that match your growing medium. I've personally never grown with promix so you should look up a promix feed/water schedule

Hi everybody ! :420:

I want you to help me please on some question I have ...

That's what I plan for now :

- Strain : THC Auto Bomb (THC Bomb Auto (Bomb Seeds) f'eminis'ee)

- Grow room : 200x200x160cm, reflective wall made in rescue blanket (keep the temperature too)

- Ventilating / Temp Control : Extracteur TT-UN - O 125mm - 280 m3H - Sonde 4m / Vitesse et T^0 Vents - EXTRACTEURS Extracteur TT-UN - O 125mm - 280 m3H - Sonde

- Soil : 50% promix, 35% perlite and 15% vermiculite.

- Culture method : SCROG & Lolipop

Now I have that questions :

- How many plants can I put into my grow room ?

- How many and what the spec of lights ?

- Is anything that I plan for the moment is ok ?

Thanks for future answers :circle-of-love: :Namaste:
Auto flowering plants are different from photoperiod plants, growing techniques will vary greatly.

Auto flowering plants are different from photoperiod plants, growing techniques will vary greatly. Go to grow weed easy dot com and read their auto flowering guide.

Things like SCROG and topping won't work as well with autos. I've seen some top them very early so you get two mains but that's about it.

Things like SCROG and topping won't work as well with autos. I've seen some top them very early so you get two mains but that's about it.

Topping works amazingly well with auto's Your info is not at all right on this subject. If done right, topping along with serious LST will absolutely produce some serious plants and yields. If I can grow a 6oz harvest in 8 weeks from start to finish on an auto that way it can't be argued. There are many here that do it all the time.

He said promix not promix hp, probably why he's adding the perlite.

Uh, no kidding. That's why my post started off with "IF". I'm pretty sure though that he's either using hp or bx hence the "if".

Topping works amazingly well with auto's Your info is not at all right on this subject. If done right, topping along with serious LST will absolutely produce some serious plants and yields. If I can grow a 6oz harvest in 8 weeks from start to finish on an auto that way it can't be argued. There are many here that do it all the time.
Read on here that it wasn't worth the shock. My bad.

Read on here that it wasn't worth the shock. My bad.

Do you honestly recommend that a fairly new grower attempt something like this with autos? Any chance of easily fucking it up or killing your yields if not done perfectly? Honest question, not a rhetorical statement to make a point.

Do you honestly recommend that a fairly new grower attempt something like this with autos? Any chance of easily fucking it up or killing your yields if not done perfectly? Honest question, not a rhetorical statement to make a point.

Actually if you read I constantly recommend that people DON'T top on their first auto grow however I try not to spread bad info about things like "it will kill yield or you shouldn't do that with auto's". Actually it works great but experience does play a big part.

I can't find anywhere in this thread that you recommend that people don't top their first auto. If you expected me to read down everything you've posted then I'm sorry to upset you.

I apologized for spreading bad info, that is my bad. It was info I read from a decently well known thread and I took that info as gold and I shouldn't have. Shame. On. Me.
Moving on..

I really think this guy was just looking for basic guidelines (correct me if I'm wrong OP), not "you can pull this much yield if you do it right or you do exactly this:"

People need building blocks before they get into something like more advanced that the goal is to get the best yield in the perfect environment in the least amount of time.

Just my 2 cents.
Actually if you read I constantly recommend that people DON'T top on their first auto grow however I try not to spread bad info about things like "it will kill yield or you shouldn't do that with auto's". Actually it works great but experience does play a big part.

Do you honestly recommend that a fairly new grower attempt something like this with autos?

If you're growing multiple plants and can afford to lose one plant (or have a reduced harvest), I'd say try it on one plant - you've gotta learn some time. Just watch a whole lot of videos from people who know what they're doing . That's what I did, and my first top on photo plants worked great.

I have no experience with this method, but I read it's better for small plants (it's my understanding autos need to be topped early). Use it at your own risk, and hopefully someone with more experience will chime in if I'm wrong. I've read that tweezers work well to top small plants. People will grab the growth tip and twist it back and forth until it comes off. That way there's no risk of damaging what will be the new growth at the node.

If you're successful on your first try, do half the plants on the next run. Then if you're comfortable, top them all on your third grow.

As far as the number of plants... I think you'll want more than four. Autos don't generally get very big, as I understand it. I've seen a number of grows in 4'x4' tents (just slightly over a meter) with 4 autos, pretty sure I've seen some with 9. Again, I'm sure someone with experience with autos will give better advice.

Hi everybody !!

Thanks for your informations :thanks:

I change my mind for the strain : I think I will grow "MOBY DICK XXL AUTO" instead :love:

Back
Top Bottom