I think I have budrot help!

llewop211

So i have a bunch of plants packed into a very small space, their 3 weeks into flowering and i noticed a strange smell in the closet. There are little circles of mold on some of my plants leaves! I've seen these before but i though they were little spots of dried nutrients. Now on closer inspection im pretty sure its mold. I don't see any signs of mold on the buds yets. RH is about 55%. What do i do, more ventilation, do i have to get rid of one of my plants to clear up some room, they are very cramped...

should i wash or wipe the mold of the leaves? i don't want to add more moisture if i can help it.

Sounds Like Powdery Mildew

Sounds like powdery mildew. Bud rot start from the inside of the bud and works its way out. There is plenty of info here on PM (powdery mildew). It can and will wipe out or greatly diminish ur harvest if not treated correctly. Can u post a pic of some of the damage? If u don't know how to post pics click the "learn to post ur pics here" link in my signature. Also I covered PM in my journal if ur too lazy/stoned at the moment to run a search click the "Follow my grow (1st journal completed)" link in my signature to see what I did. Realize this that once a plant gets it it has it. U can only control the outbreaks. Temp, humidity, and cleanliness are key factors in prevention and control. Search the threads, keyword powdery mildew. good luck.

thanks for the reply BWC BayArea, after posting this i did a little research and actually came across your journal and serenade product review. i sprayed all my plants today and will hopefully fight the mildew til harvest. If things get to out of hand i guess ill have to get a sulfer vaporizor. thanks again, wish me luck

Damn. U didn't waste any time, lol. Good luck with that bro. With that type of speedy action I think u may have minimized ur losses. Just stay on top of it. Still wanna c pics tho. Look anything like the problem I had?

Yeah it looks alot like a few of your pictures just at an earlier stage, aside from a few brown spots in the leaves which i've cut off and the mildew spots growing on top of a few more leaves the plants seem fine. I'll post a few pics up tomorrow... god, the spray smells so bad, i don't think i'll be able to sleep in my room tonight. did you see any decrease in yeld or quality in the plants you sprayed? did you ever spray the buds?

I'm using the premixed solution and it seriously smells terrible, my roommate will not spot complaining... btw i posted some pics of the mildew in my grow

Back
Top Bottom