Identifying female seeds?

The bigger the seed, the more pre-packaged food they have. It makes sense why they are bigger, but it has no proven outcome on sex.

yea but im saying traits u in a bar theres 3 people wit their back to u can u uasally make out the 2females or the 1male vice cersa but u rigth in the end its all odds femm seed would be the way to go

well does anyone reading this have any fem seeds they bought that they can look at there seeds and see if they all have that volcano looking divot on all of their fem seeds.
I have like 25 seeds but they are from my previous grows that I fertilized, and a friend. So I really cant help out but it does seem to be very unlikely.

good point love from that chart it looked like divot was on the sides not on 1 end

I recently came across this. This is directed towards the experts, have you guys noticed any trends such as this?

Identifying_Female_Cannabis_Seeds.jpg
I wish nirvana would have read this before selling me 6 males out of 15 seeds !! And then wont communicate with me. Hello Jack !! What a disappointment, after vegging for 2 months, and find out you've been feeding males. That's why i bought female seeds !! Hello !! I really hope this turns out to be the gospel !! Would that simplify my life, ' Hell yeah,' !! Thank you !! So the actual color means nothing ?? I was taught to only use brown seeds, or brown lines ?? And the other thing, why did'nt you tell me this in 1960 ?? Very important information !!
:surf::peacetwo::cool::cool:

I wish nirvana would have read this before selling me 6 males out of 15 seeds !! And then wont communicate with me. Hello Jack !! What a disappointment, after vegging for 2 months, and find out you've been feeding males. That's why i bought female seeds !! Hello !! I really hope this turns out to be the gospel !! Would that simplify my life, ' Hell yeah,' !! Thank you !! So the actual color means nothing ?? I was taught to only use brown seeds, or brown lines ?? And the other thing, why did'nt you tell me this in 1960 ?? Very important information !!
:surf::peacetwo::cool::cool:

.... Did you not read any of the posts that came after? This REALLY doesn't work, and is not viable information.

Also.. with a bit of practice with a 30-40x loop, you can tell what sex they are from 4-6 weeks.

I sexed mine like that, and let them grow out a few times, until I was sure I was doing it right. I've been spot on-since.

The only viable way I've seen for finding out the sex of your plants, is to take clones and stick them in a bloom cycle as soon as it has useful roots. If nobody here tells me it's wrong, that's what I'll do when (read: if) I ever get started.

That's one way to do it. You can also use a magnification device and look at pre-flowers. I've had good luck sexing using pre-flowers.

That's one way to do it. You can also use a magnification device and look at pre-flowers. I've had good luck sexing using pre-flowers.

Do you know of a guide for this? What to look for and such? sounds way easier than what I described.

yea but im saying traits u in a bar theres 3 people wit their back to u can u uasally make out the 2females or the 1male vice cersa but u rigth in the end its all odds femm seed would be the way to go

you must not have lived through the 80's... :lot-o-toke::blunt:

haha :rofl:

the hair bands of the day,, spiral perms and hair down to middle of the back, if you came up to 2 women and 1 guy at a bar, from the back, you would never know... lol..

you must not have lived through the 80's...
or live near the bay area for that matter... dudes in dresses and high heels hanging with chicks in work boots, coveralls and flannels.

:goodluck:

I am not an "expert" in cannabis seeds, even if I really like to grow them :p But I doubt seriously we can detect if a seed can be male or female only visually.. I would be interested to get the feedback from a breeder though.

It is accurate... Speaking from my own personal experience with this method. It works. I've used it when selecting my seeds for three years in a row now(this year will be my fourth) and every single time I've had all females. I find it hard to believe that I've just "been lucky" four years in a row.

Back
Top Bottom