Identifying your strain?

Re: identifying your strain???

The only way I'd know is by smoking it.. Let's see, right now I just packed a bowl of some Master Kush..

I would guess it's Indica..

I'm such a n00b.

Most strains out there are hybrids but you can tell if its indica or sativa dominant by its leaves, growth patterns and its high.

cement head said:
just wanting to know if it is possible to identify your strain of pot if your not sure what it is if so how and when would be the best time thans for any info

I'd say it's extremely difficult to damn near impossible to tell a strain just by looking at it. It's even hard to tell by smoking it. Sure, analyzing everything (leaf structure, smell, high, taste, etc) you can narrow it down to a particular category, but as for pinpointing a particular strain it's a shot in the dark. Plus there are so many different phenos of different strains, that makes it all the more difficult.

How good is master kush? Ive just read it's a body high and then I found this in the forums the other day but what how is the high described coming from actual someone hehe?
pg3.jpg

It doesn't really matter where I am, there's always good to extremely good weed for amazing prices. I don't really bother with strain names or anything, I just smoke what comes to me. I enjoy the variety.

IDENTIFYING STRAINS OF CANNABIS

Cannabis, more commonly referred to as marijuana, is a genus (group of species) of flowering plants that include three broad species — Cannabis sativa, Cannabis indica, and Cannabis ruderalis. Cannabis varieties have been harvested and used effectively for their varied medicinal benefits since ancient times — over 10,000 years ago — in various civilizations, including ancient Chinese, Egyptian, and Greek, along with medieval Arabic civilizations. Out of the three species mentioned above, the Cannabis strains used for medicinal purposes are usually pure or hybrid varieties, derived from the C. sativa and C. indica species. C. ruderalis is used seldom because it has a very short height and produces quite low amounts of THC (the chief psychoactive chemical compound in Cannabis, that also leads to many of its medicinal benefits). Varieties are usually developed to intensify specific medicinal properties of each strain (depending on the medicinal purpose that the strain will be used for) or to form a more unique strain for better marketability by a certain pharmaceutical brand.

There are over 1,000 strains of cannabis available through various local and global producers and dedicated Cannabis research and development organizations in legal markets such as Amsterdam, and in other countries that allow research such as Israel. There is a reasonable amount of pressure to come up with names for these strains that are catchy and unique since there is an increasingly growing number of producers that are creating new strains. Some popular strains include — 'Afghan Kush', 'White Widow', 'Northern Lights', 'Jack Herer' and so on and so forth.

The first way to identify a strain is to figure out whether it is a pure or a hybrid. The second best characterization for medical marijuana strains is by their use — pain, stress, anxiety, depression, and a variety of others. For instance, the most popular and respected online community and resource for Cannabis — leafly.com — lists the various strains and color-codes them. Green for hybrids, purple for pure C. indica and brown for pure C. sativa. What is even better — once you click on each strain's symbol, there is a detailed description of that strain, what its components are, its pros and cons, and best-known medicinal uses. It is definitely recommended to get your first-hand knowledge about strains and which ones might be a good fit for your specific needs from a trusted resource, whether online or at your local, legal, and certified Cannabis research/production organization. It is an absolute hazard to try and identify strains by looking at pictures or even samples if you are not an expert, and it can lead to serious medical consequences. As mentioned above, most strains are developed to enhance performance against very specific medicinal problems, and using the wrong strain might do more harm than good. There are a wide variety of trusted resources, and an even wider variety of strains to suit a plethora of medicinal needs — so good research is the best way to identifying the best strain for you.

Back
Top Bottom