If you only had one point to make

I think that one of the most important reasons to legalize is, that it would eliminate the crime aspect that goes along with it, and save us the billions of dollars that are spent on a losing war, and the imprisonment of offenders of a pointless law.

Read a few people's comments and alot of you seem to be on the right page and bring up many good issues.

The most important issue in my opinion is the fact that Industrial Hemp can be used to produce just about everything we use in this country, from oils (seeds) to paper, to plastic, and even breathable building materials that would decrease the amount of energy we use to keep our homes running (it would cut back on heat in the winter and the AC in the summer). And tied into this use is the fact that not only does it replace the use of trees for many of these products, but hemp can yield three to four harvests per a year, compared to the time it takes a tree to grow large enough to be yielded, which is years.

its the best medicine ive ever taken and it has more medicinal uses than i can count. given that it has no overdose within the grasp of any human the applications for over the counter 18+ distribution are not inconceivable. you may thank me later after you toss out your tylenol and pick up a box of joints :)

I would talk bout the good things it does for people mentally and physically, and that studies have not proven there are any bad side effects from marijuana use. I would draw them in with a story they could relate to...like the reg. American having diabetes, a disease that has swept the nation, and telling them the ways it helps with this and other ailments. It also helps mentally with some people...anger management. Alcohol and cigarettes would then be the next subject I'd bring up to compare to. Why are those things legal to buy in America and they are proven to cause horrible side effects, cancer amongst them all, and marijuana is not, proven to have no side effects. Then I would bring in witnesses whom where prescribed the drug to tell their story. I would then bring in the pro-marijuana organization leaders to say their piece.
For something to happen a lot has to be put into the plan to influence the democratic legislation.:peace:

Prohibition has been shown to be a failure now for a second time, think of all the good things the government could do with the money currently devoted to the failed drug war if we finally just admit prohbition doesn't work.

Read a few people's comments and alot of you seem to be on the right page and bring up many good issues.

The most important issue in my opinion is the fact that Industrial Hemp can be used to produce just about everything we use in this country, from oils (seeds) to paper, to plastic, and even breathable building materials that would decrease the amount of energy we use to keep our homes running (it would cut back on heat in the winter and the AC in the summer). And tied into this use is the fact that not only does it replace the use of trees for many of these products, but hemp can yield three to four harvests per a year, compared to the time it takes a tree to grow large enough to be yielded, which is years.

Perhaps the right direction would be convincing big businesses what it could mean for them. Suggesting the possibilities to corporations as to how much they can benefit from legalized hemp in the form of new products, saved money, etc. Remember, "America runs on Dunkin" and every other corp out there.

Back
Top Bottom