If you were just starting

If you were just starting and was going to pick just one strain (preferably auto), what would it be?

I'm already working on some dwarfs for my first grow, but I'm thinking of what I should grow next. (I know....dang BRUH, you are not even finished with the first!!!)

I'm just thinking ahead. Mainly because the DLF is pretty tame with the THC levels.

Plus, it's always interesting to see what and why people pick certain things.

:yummy:

The problem here for me, I have no reference to which I prefer. Since I've never had a great selection of being able to choose and compare, I must rely on a description. This is the failing of the decision. I can't tell if I like indica or sativa varieties better.

The height is a big issue, but I'm doing LST with topping. So some of that can be mitigated.

The problem here for me, I have no reference to which I prefer. Since I've never had a great selection of being able to choose and compare, I must rely on a description. This is the failing of the decision. I can't tell if I like indica or sativa varieties better.
Well, the general consensus is that indicas tend toward more of a body high (more sedating) and sativas tend toward more of a head high (more activating). Spend some time reading strain reviews in the above link and I think you might find some that peak your interest!

Start in the middle with hybrids. All the hybrids today tend to be stronger. So that's nice. They also will have a more rounded high type. To find strains rank you preferences then decide. What's most important. Size, taste, smell are all variables that need to be considered. Even variables within each of them. Ie; Sweet or dank flavor. I have found trial and era is the only way to know for sure if you like them. Strains I thought I would love disappointed me while others were a pleasant surprise.

Thanks for the replies.

I may just order a mix pack from a seed bank (not a sponsor). That will give me some variety to compare with.

That is another consideration. I always grow multiple strains so tolerance is not a problem. Plus different types for day or night use. Multi packs and the new single seed sales make this a lot easier. Only problem with that is if you only have one seed. Those plants tend to be so good you end up wishing you had more of them LOL.

That is another consideration. I always grow multiple strains so tolerance is not a problem. Plus different types for day or night use. Multi packs and the new single seed sales make this a lot easier. Only problem with that is if you only have one seed. Those plants tend to be so good you end up wishing you had more of them LOL.

I will never purchase just one seed of any strain. I will get multiples in a mix pack. I would be super bummed if I grew a strain that I liked and didn't have another seed or two to grow it again or possibly make more seeds for myself.

5 seeds are about the minimum I will buy of a strain. That gives me some bad seed culls and seeds to make more plants/seeds if I desire.

I will state, I have NEVER tried to make feminized seeds, but by the threads on here, it looks doable.

But thanks for the thought. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom