I'm going soil. Is FF Ocean Forest the only way?

GimmieGreenie

So im ready to grow again
Planing to go soil on this one. Im plan on growing a landrace strain that is said to need minimal care and nutes. Im looking for a soil that i can use from beginning to end. Is FF ocean brand really my only true option? or
Can i do better with a homemade pro-mix (sterilized soil with worm cast and perlite) and some Earth Juice?

Go with the homemade and EJ, unless you really want to spend lots of $$$$$$.

DD

Go with the homemade and EJ, unless you really want to spend lots of $$$$$$.

DD

thats what i was thinking DD. Thankx.
I just dont want to end up spending more then i would with FoxFarmsOF by having to add pricey stuff to my soil-mix

Google LC's Soiless Mix #1 or #2.

#2 uses promix as a base + added amendments like bone, blood, and kelp meal. #1 (what I run), is home made promix. Both are 'water only' mixes.

There is a bit of 'sticker shock' at first, getting the needed amendments, but the cost quickly goes down as you make the stuff. Like, say kelp meal. A 5# bag is ~$10, but that will be enough for ~8-10cf of mix (60-75 gallons).

Making it fresh, the cost is ~$8/cf. I re-use it, seems to work better the second and third go round. Gets even cheaper then, since all you need to do is replace the used up meals and the cost drops down to ~$4/cf.

Plus, the really nice thing is, you can add more or less of whatever meals/amendments and tailor the nutes in the soil the way YOU want them.

100% organic and only water needed.

Or, leave out the amendments and use the EJ for nutes. I've done it both ways, and both work fine as wine.

DD

Biobizz All Mix 2 bags
Foxfarm Lightwarrior 1 bag

its been working for me
Pitviper I been asking about Light warrior for almost a year now, just to get some user info on it. it always looked liked something that would work well. but you are the first person i came across that uses it.
I don't know to much about Biobuzz. i have to look it up and compare it to the earth juice i already have

I've tried em all and mixed it all and for me, I need to stay with FFOF. I add perlite and a bit of lime and that's it. K.I.S.S. for me, otherwise issues. I can always add what i need as i grow, but can't really remove what i've put in already, that's my problem. No green thumb here.

LC #1 Mix

Soil Mix:
5 parts Canadian Spaghnam Peat
3 parts perlite
2 parts wormcastings
Powdered dolomite lime @ 2 tablespoons per gallon or 1 cup per cubic foot of the soiless mix.

You can start your seeds directly in this mix. I also use this following dry organic nutes in the mix for when the seedlings are about 2 - 4 weeks old and let it "cook" for two weeks - Just don't start your seedlings in this mix.

1/2 cup kelp meal
1/2 cup blood meal
1 cup bone meal
1/2 cup Jersey Green Sand

1 part = 3 quarts so the total is exactly 1 cubic foot. Keep the mixture moist (not damp) and turn it daily for the next 2 weeks to help activate all the components. Follow this recipe and you should only need to feed with RO water for the grow. Feed your soil and forget the PH pen :)

Just my 2 cents.

Back
Top Bottom