I'm working on the first of a series of pro-marijuana comercials...

William Holden

The first one is going to be basically a simple comercial stating the facts, with a pot leaf (green), transform into another pot leaf that is red white and blue, with the catch line, "Legalize Marijuana, its the American thing to do" or something along the lines of that, maybe i'll have the leaf wave like a flag or something. Thats not important, however, what is is what the actual ad will say.

I'm not quite sure on what exactly it should say, I mean, I know a ton of marijuana facts but I can't fit them all on a single comercial, and im not to fresh on recent federal laws.

So, people who are educated on the subject, please respond to this and lets get something organized.

I plan on putting the videos online, and sending the links out to as many independent tv stations, colleges, and anything else I can think of to get them viewed.

Thanks!

great idea curtis. i plan on printing out the facts page and passing it out in public places. i would put this one in the commersial. the ratio of cannabinoids (the chemicals in marijuana that make you stoned) necessary for overdose to the amount necessary for intoxication is 40,000:1. For comparison's sake, that ratio for alcohol is generally between 4:1 and 10:1.

I'm pretty sure that it's yet to be proven that anyone has died directly from a marijuana overdose.

Genious ...... this shit can start in the underground then make it's way to mainstream tv .... but damn i must be an idealist and not a realist. Who know's this aint the first time i've heard of someone trying to do something like this ..... NJweed man tried to do it and i think he went to court but the case got thrown out because it was freedom of speech or something along those lines also i am very high right now so you gotta go look into that for yourself my minds clouded. Peace.

^^ Well it's a true fact, supported by evidence. I don't see any reason why not.

Good idea, man!!!

^I'd say so, because it really is less harmful.

but you know theres always gonna be people putting up the other side of that argument.

I think a good idea would be to go back to the history of WHY marijuana is illegal, and show that it was made illegal for the most ridiculous of reasons, racism, and not from tests or any scientific evidence that it was bad.

I changed it to say,
"Our conclusion?
You'd have to smoke 40,000 times as much marijuana as it would to get you high just to be in risk of a overdose... impossible"

that would sound lame^ because people dont like it when poeple say "weed is a bad drug" and stuff. dont just put down alchohol. alchohol is still good

just state the fact.

Alright, I have the preview for the first one online now...

I know I have an issue at the very end, but im working on it. I'm still working on that one, but thats pretty much about how it will be when im complete.

Comments welcome.

I think you should also state the negative effects of marijuana. People will trust you if you tell them the truth and they dont think you are hiding anything. Kinda like those commericals for drugs w/ side effects, i dunno.

Well yes, but at the same time I dont want to have a really long commercial with just a bunch of text.

I mean, just to state that one fact in the first commercial used up 20+ seconds.

man if fucking anti drug commercials focus on weed's negavite points. Why dont they start focusing on the positive points. There isnt one about alcohol. man I hope I just made sense I am quite lit

BuddyGreen said:
man if fucking anti drug commercials focus on weed's negavite points. Why dont they start focusing on the positive points. There isnt one about alcohol. man I hope I just made sense I am quite lit

well the problem with the anti drug commercials is that 1) they lie and 2) they only show one side. If you tell the truth and tell both sides, whats the problem? As a regular marijuana user for anxiety (I looked up if drug use was safe for my disorder and of course, if I lived in CA I'd be perscribed it. I also goto therapy so I just don't say I smoke it for anxiety to smoke. I don't drink, no cigs, no pills, just weed.) I have nothing to hide, yes pot can cause cancer and some forms of depression IN SOME PEOPLE just like any pill, drug, etc has side effects. Just be honest and people will trust you, I only trust people I know are honest. Marijuana won't become legal if we just throw facts at people, you gotta ease into it...it's easier for common people to handle it.

We'll you can make a PSA 30 or 60 seconds, just go w/ the 60. But so far it looks awesome bro. I def wanta see more when you got um done and if you need help w/ some ideas I'd love to help. :peace:

Thats just it though, its our studies VS theres.

Are studies state that Marijuana can slow the rate of cancer in cancer paitients, and can reduce the risk of altimherz(sp) later in life.

Sorry, I dont know where I was goign with my last post. Anyways, more help is wanted. If anyone wants to state some more stuff for a clip, post it here.

well yeah there was some studies done that i read on webmd. the studies said there was no link from marijuana and canser. the doctors were surprised because the way marijuana is smoked.. in deep inhalations. alcohol is carnser causing and so is ciggerets. also in the comercial i would put references. thats what i hate about anti pot people they never have references to studies and if they do they are outdated.

Back
Top Bottom