Indoor aphid problem

Reddingpow

420 Member
Got several plants from a rec farm... only about 8 percent to fill my extra.... anyway they have fucking aphids, about 4 weeks into flower, I see it, boom 4 days like wildfire, i see it slowly spreading to all rooms, plz help, not gonna avid, flora, ect... gotta be something to kills these and not ruin the flowers... rooms are tight and dense. Someone plz I'm running out of options, if you dont know then dont bother... sounds dumb maybe but why not lady bugs id?

I had a similar problem with my last grow,and found a solution:
Nicotine,which I use when I mix my own vape juice,is poison...(not good for me,but much worse for aphids) So,I mixed up a weak nicotine solution (1/2 teaspoon of 100mg unflavored nicotine to a pint of distilled water) sprayed the aphids,and boom-they were dead...But ,I only had 4 plants so spraying them was not a big project.
You do have to actually spray the mixture ON the aphids to kill them,so if you have 20 large plants or so,it could be quite a job,but it does work-and the nicotine biodegrades in about 8 hours,so no poison is left on the buds.
Just relating my experience,some folks may not be too keen on spraying poison on their buds,but it does degrade in a relatively short time,leaving no taste or toxins behind.

One downside is ,that if you're using ladybugs,it will also kill them,so you'll need to wait a day to introduce them after you do the nicotine thing...

Back
Top Bottom