Indoor soil problem

El Gusanito

mixed up some beautyful soil but didnot "ph" and now I have a high ph in those potts that got that mix.
Found out here that I needed to add some dolomitic lime to it.
Some now I need to go into town and get some hydrated lime to mix with the water.
Or
Is there some thing I might have around the house that is organic.
For now I am adjusting the water down with ph down
still have have a few to trans plant will wait till i get the ph down in the mix.
any help welcomed.

Get some dolomite, not hydrated lime... Mix 1 tbl per gal and let it sit in and mix in with the water overnight, then water... This should bring the PH of the soil down in to the high 6's.. It's soil so be patient.. Just add the dolomite and let her settle down... Check the PH of the soil every other watering and see where she ends up.... I say go with dolomite because hydrated lime has a bit of a learning curve to it and can fry the little ladies pretty easily..Dolomite is much more user friendly... What is the PH of the soil now and what is the PH of what you are watering/feeding with?

+1 on BI

Hydrated lime is NOT something you want to mess with. Even for experienced growers.

Powdered dolomite lime is very user friendly. In my neck of the woods, only Lowes has the powdered (it says ground on the bag), every other place just has the pelletized, which you do not want. Takes too long.

DD

just checked the replies and could only find the pellets so that what i used

IT WAS MY BAD NOT CHECKING PH

11-11
Got some dolomitic lime in pellet form suppose to disolve easly and added some to the potts then added some more soil [ph'd] them topped of with sterlized hydroton's to cover the whole surface of the pot to create a buffer area between the root and surface convergence area this area is going to fill with roots because the water will no longer disturb the roots in this area.
check all potts individually made a list of the plant and the ph I will keep track from here on in. in the moring I will do spot ckeck and compare to the readings from tonight.

the leafs started to get golden along the edges toward the center. the new leafs on the top are showing signs of clawing and striations.
added a weak solution of cal mag this morning.

Hopefully there will be signs of a turn around already tomorrow.
they are starting to bud already they show the first signs.
they #1 afghan ,lifesaver,bobblegun are in full reveg with lots of new ends
going to be great for cloning.
put out yellow sicky trap no bugs yet.
used some B.T. about a week ago for the fungus gnats they seem to be gone I can only hope.

Okay I admit I'm fairly new but I've done a shatload of research and unless I'm totally lost then adding lime is not what you want to do. Adding lime is done during mixing(in the form of dolimitic lime) to buffer the pH so that it doesn't get too acidic, and after planting(in the form of hydrated lime) to correct a too-low(too acicid) condition. If you want to get the pH down then you need to add some sort of acid. Low pH equals acidic. Hight pH equals alkaline. A pH of 7 is neutral.You might want to check into it some more. Hope this helps. If I'm wrong then sorry dude. Good luck.

Thanks for the imput it's now sunday and the girls are getting down to 7 and some lower
I fertilize on mondays so i am going to give them some cal mag along with there lime water the change can be seen already in the growth. they are going to go to 12/12 this week and HPS lamps I will leave the t8 that are 65k. I am having to start sorting by size so i can adjust the lites to the hight of the girls. Still have more potting soil that has been treated already for ph. I should know better.
One piece of good news is that the yellow sticky traps show no signs of anything.

10-10-10_indoor_047.jpg

and here are the girls now 5 weeks old and they are 25 " tall with buds starting to show
they are getting over the ph issues they are divided into 3 groups now have 1050 watts of hps light withn more to add.

10-10-10_indoor_046.jpg

28/11
Took the girls out and flushed with lime water then rinsed with ph'd water
in hopes of bring down the ph still 7.5 the edges and ends are looking wierd yellowing and curling.
After letting them drain a little and some fish emulsion.
This ph thing realy sett me back.

Back
Top Bottom