Indoor then to outdoor

Dudgie

The end of May here in Ontario Canada is starting to be perfect outdoor weather. I decided to put my two plants outside for the afternoon. I watered them the night before and they were doing great. When i brought them back inside (nights are still pretty chilly) they started to droop within a half hour. I'm using a T5 6400 light and they're about 2ft BC Pinewarp. I watered them a little (500ml of ph controlled water). My question is. Did moving outdoors then back indoors put stress on the plants? or Did having them outdoors evapourated their water quicker. I just don't want to over water them.

Might be a temp shock from the night before, or many other matters. Could you add some photos?
For water its simple, when you lift the pot you can feel if its heavy or light weighted.
Dont forget to circulate air in your grow room btw.
Good luck :)

The end of May here in Ontario Canada is starting to be perfect outdoor weather. I decided to put my two plants outside for the afternoon. I watered them the night before and they were doing great. When i brought them back inside (nights are still pretty chilly) they started to droop within a half hour. I'm using a T5 6400 light and they're about 2ft BC Pinewarp. I watered them a little (500ml of ph controlled water). My question is. Did moving outdoors then back indoors put stress on the plants? or Did having them outdoors evapourated their water quicker. I just don't want to over water them.
It’s stress
Leave them outside couple hours then back in

It’s stress
Leave them outside couple hours then back in
Cannaconnect is right.

When moving plants started indoors, outdoors for the first time, they need to be "hardened off". Hardening off is the process of slowly acclimating young plants/seedlings started indoors to their new environment outdoors.

Generally, this process takes about a week.

How you deal with direct sunlight, wind, and temperature are critical to a successful transition.

Never place an indoor plant/seedling in direct sunlight, outdoors, without surviving a couple of days outdoors in the shade first. The rest is pretty much common sense.

Happy growing.

Back
Top Bottom