Inline aeration ?

ginnzy

Hi guys....

I have an idea, im going to try out with my growbed, water manifold system. I have my net pots sunken into my sunshine #4 mix, and have 3 - 1/2" pvc water lines that deliver nutrients to the bed, approx every three days, soaking my soil mix. I plan on installing an inline aeration "chamber", with the idea that super oxygenated water will permeate the mix, helping root production.... It certainly can't hurt the system, but i don't knoe if it will really help either? What do you guys think of it? I made something up with Paint to better explain my idea, real pics are to follow.....

No science to give you , but to me it seems to be a waste of time. Having a well draining medium and good ventilation will be most important. As long as you do not over water, O2 should never be a problem. You would achieve far more feeding and maintaining the Rhizosphere. You want more air, add perlite or such to areate the mix more. I feel your idea is only applicable to (hydro) DWC or such. Even there it is best served putting air directly in contact with the root system. Any standing water system needs airation, a top drip does not as an example.

My question for you is, are you draining to waste or what?

No, I have a bed, Its filled with sunshine #4 mix, and 5" net pots are sunk into the mix. this allows the plant to grow into the mix, their roots spread all over the table. its an awesome method. instead of watering individual pots, i soak the bed, this way each plant takes what it needs. when they are in flower, the bed usually needs watering every 3-4 days..... look at my room build pics for a better explanation. I will add the inline "aeration chamber" just for the 'ell of it, it certainly won't harm anything, and is easy to make/install.

thanks for the reply.

I understand the bed idea, but I would still consider it a container grow. As long as the bed dries adequately between watering you are good. I believe the air at best will give you a tad more water pressure by appearance, like a diffuser on a faucet does. I cant see how it can achieve any improvement but I am all eyes and ears.

Why the net pots at all?

Can you provide a link to your build?

Back
Top Bottom