Intentional Premature Harvest?

I have a couple of OG Kush autos that are both at 94 days old, 56 days in flower. I'm thinking about harvesting one of them early (like, today) for the more racy, cerebral high. Then letting the other one mature to about 30% amber trichs.

Here's the first one (the one I'm thinking of harvesting). Her white pistil growth has slowed down a bit more than the other one, so that's why I'm thinking this one would be better to harvest prematurely.

eyVIBvn.jpg

And here's the 2nd one, still has a fair amount of white pistils.

bxrNn8d.jpg
yeZgLi1.jpg
SwBQaOn.jpg

So what do you guys think - should I go ahead with chopping the first one? Thanks!

As long as most of her trichomes are cloudy-
If so, then I'd go ahead and chop her!
It'll be interesting to find out how much difference it does make.

I personally would wait until it stops producing pistols completely.

As long as most of her trichomes are cloudy-
If so, then I'd go ahead and chop her!
It'll be interesting to find out how much difference it does make.
Most are - about 70%, with the remaining 30% still being clear.
I personally would wait until it stops producing pistols completely.
If this were my only one, then absolutely. But I have two of them, which is why I'd like to make the comparison. I've never tried a racy vs. couchlock high from the same strain before and think this will be interesting.

Of course, I could also just chop off one branch, but I had 3 of these originally, and one hermied on me (I think from heat stress), and would prefer not to stress out this one and have it herm on me too.

if you are chopping cuz you needs the weeds,, then go for it,, chopping early, for me, has still produced quality bud,, easily comparable to the finished product,, and as you state, can produce an interesting effect to the brain,,

cheers

I have a couple of OG Kush autos that are both at 94 days old, 56 days in flower. I'm thinking about harvesting one of them early (like, today) for the more racy, cerebral high. Then letting the other one mature to about 30% amber trichs.
I harvest "early" as a matter of routine, because I like being high, not being in a stoned stupor. I typically harvest almost everything 1-2 weeks before peak "potency." Because for me, peak potency ain't peak stoned. I sorta know after 50+ years of smoking da weed what I like.

'bout the only time I'm unhappy with my harvest times is when I let stuff go too long. Coupla years ago grew Space Candy & harvested half at my usual timeframe & let the half go to peak THC. The early harvest was a treasure. The later harvest was def. stronger, but too couchlocky, so I gave it all away to folks who loved it.

I do occasionally let indicas go all the way to stuporville, because I have an occasional use for that sort of weed. Infrequently.

"Early" harvest rules. the best thing about growing is that you can grow what suits you. The "x%-amber-trichomes-only" zombies on 420 mag do not know what suits me...or you.

Doing the split harvest will help you figure out how you wanna grow for you!

Onward & upward!

Back
Top Bottom