Interesting

Scottsquatch

So I was thinking about cancer a bit today. I myself am a survivor, I was diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer back in 2005. I wasnt ready to die at 32 yrs old. ESPECIALLY after having just survived a tour in Iraq. So... I fought it and I won. It took a lot out of me and I really dont care to think about it but it pops up from time to time. I have also lost two grandfathers and several uncles on both sides. So you can see why it enters my thoughts from time to time.
It is interesting to me that cancer rates rose drastically in the 1900's and it was 70 yrs ago that Cannabis was made illegal. Before that, cannabis was very widely used and many medications that were commonly prescribed contained Cannabis. It is when these meds and actual Cannabis stop becoming available that cancer starts going crazy. Coincidence? You decide.

Yeah, that's my other rant too! All the damn chemicals and preservatives. Another probable reason I got cancer. We ate an UNGODLY number of MRE's over there. In fact, we didnt have a DFAC (dining facility) so we ate waaaaay to many of those things and they are CHOCK full of preservatives. Well, it could be that or the fact that we were posted at a remote outpost in the shadow of an oil refinery. It covered our little outpost with a gritty oily residue very often. It got into everything, it would be interesting to see how many others that were ever stationed there over the length of the war ended up with cancer. Since I'm on a rant. The hormones in our food web haven't helped us much either. Girls with secondary sexual characteristics in 5th grade. Even occasionally getting pregnant at that tender age? Wtf!? Boys getting facial hair in middle school!? We are killing ourselves man. smfh...

Back
Top Bottom