Int'l 420 Union

I am a member of the International Union of Operating Engineers. Below is our union logo. This logo goes back to the early days of this union. It was originally a steamfitters union. In the center of the logo is a steam pressure gauge. And what pressure does the needle on the gauge indicate? This is not altered in any way.

iuoelogo.gif

Things that make you go "Hmmmmmmm".....

logos take a lot of time to come up with and every little thing about it would have some kind of meaning. The guy/gal who came up with it was totally a head, in my opinion.

logos take a lot of time to come up with and every little thing about it would have some kind of meaning. The guy/gal who came up with it was totally a head, in my opinion.

i beleive it was originally at 80 psi then changed in the '30s for some unexplained reason........hmmmmmm

I was wondering when the current logo was created. That story would be an interesting bit of trivia.

I was wondering when the current logo was created. That story would be an interesting bit of trivia.

from what i can find out, the logo was conceived before the turn of the century. it was originally at 80 psi, then for reasons unknown it was changed to 420 in the '30s.....

Lol yeah I saw that. Details...I need details. Could just be funny coincidence, changed because operating pressures were so much higher than originally conceived.

^^all in good natured fun my friend :)

Back
Top Bottom