Intro - First timer - Cabinet grow

CGBOY

Hi everyone:
I'm in Toronto and have been lurking for quite some time, and I'm glad to have found this site and be here amongst friends.
I'm a 40 something family man who loves life to the fullest and enjoys new adventures.

I found Pod casts, first ante up poker, then Freakonomics then,
Hightimes Free Weed pod cast where I was hooked

I have never grown any thing before (excluding credit card debt)

I heard the term bag seed so I snuck out to the garage and looked more closely at my little bag of medicine.

A SEED ! (i think) I put that bean in a peat pellet and it sprouted. Guys i'm not going to lie to you, I was happy.
Who knew something as simple as that could make me feel good.

This is where my obsession started :)
With the help of this Forum and my local shops, I am now well into my first grow.

I'm running a sealed cabinet 7'x4'x2' (hwd) and using 2x250 HID HPS for flowering
I don't need a perpetual grow at this point so just I vegetated under a 55W Sunblaster CFL

large carbon filter and temperature controlled fan unit exhausts the hot air, with filtered clean cool air being pulled from the bottom. No odor, no over heating (at 30C/86F outdoor temps i am approaching danger zones) but its usually much cooler in my location.

I started out with DWC in mind and was gearing up for that experience.
After killing too many purchased beans (I think I drowned them) I managed to get 2 seedlings to decent size
when I was advised by my local shop to go an easier more simple route with a soilless CoCo set-up in 5 gallon pots and hand watering.

I'm now in week 4 of bloom and can see the finish line.

In the future I look forward to documenting a grow and sharing pictures of my setup with everyone.
This is a great community and I appreciate all members and admin staff for making it possible.

I designed the cabinet for 4 large healthy plants but i'm now thinking 6 plants with less veg time may be a better use of space.

One of my many mistakes was letting the first 2 seedlings Veg for to long (8+ weeks) while i was building the cabinet. Now im training (bending and tieing down) like crazy to keep them 1 foot away from the hot lamps.

my scrog game is very weak and didn't think it would stretch this much during bloom. another lesson learned.

Back
Top Bottom