Intro from Phoenix

KGB

420 Member
Hello all,
Just getting started on my 1st LED grow, Back when it was referred to as growing Tomatoes I ran a couple of cycles under a HID/hydro setup to what I considered a success. PaulyG's intro post reminded me how my early efforts were plagued with blundering failures until I picked up a 'how to' paperback by E. Rosenthal. What a game changer for me.
Now with legalization, I'm very excited by the free flowing information sharing nature of these forums. Looking forward to sharing my 1st harvest with friends and family.

Hello all,
Just getting started on my 1st LED grow, Back when it was referred to as growing Tomatoes I ran a couple of cycles under a HID/hydro setup to what I considered a success. PaulyG's intro post reminded me how my early efforts were plagued with blundering failures until I picked up a 'how to' paperback by E. Rosenthal. What a game changer for me.
Now with legalization, I'm very excited by the free flowing information sharing nature of these forums. Looking forward to sharing my 1st harvest with friends and family.
Hey @KGB Hope you are well my friend.
Welcome to 420magazine.
We are all here to help if you need us.
And we have great sponsors for a deal on all your equipment needs.
Stay safe.
Bill

Welcome to 420 Magazine @KGB

Well it sounds like you are ready, so here's the link if you would like us to follow along.

Also, after you have over 50 posts you can vote and enter our contest to win free grow stuff for our sponsors.

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok.. :bong:

Welcome aboard the 420 Train ! Next stop.... Phoenix. So what's up neighbor ? I'm in El Mirage & work in Gilbert so pass through Phx. daily. So what type of grow are you doing this round (Hempy, Coco, Soil, Hydro, DWC) ? I've tried almost all of them; but I prefer old fashioned soil grows. Plenty of time to correct any issues & I can be kind of a lazy grower that way. Got a preference... Sativa or Indica ? Auto's or Photo's ?
Plenty of good knowledgeable people on here to help with any issues you run into. Tag me if you start a journal.
"Buzzed to the Bone,.... B-B-B-B-Buzzed,.... Yeah, I'm buzzed to the Bone" My version of Bad to the Bone.... lol.

Mr Bunny, we chatted on the phone last week. I responded to your sales advert, I then proceeded to pepper you with grow questions. You are quite literally the reason I'm on here, and yes you are correct a great forum! I recently started a journal.

'KGB's 1st LED grow'​

I'm still trying to figure out navigating the site, so bear with me....next effort figure out how to tag Mr. Bunny
This is my first grow in 20+ yrs, I grew 'tomatoes' back in college, under MH/HPS, hydro setup w/ rockwool. There were a group of us who passed a photo/ indica strain around. My current grow is pink cookies & triangle kush in a perlite/rockwool medium. I hear you with respect to 'growing in soil' I feel like I'm problem solving daily. I really liked your pot/catch pan arrangement- neat, clean, & organized, leaves all the vertical for the ladies.
I recently stumbled on some beans from an 'az breeder' 1.) Jet-A, 2.)Grape Dosi 3.) Tropicana cookies & 4.) Tina
So I'm leaning toward adding Grape Dosi to the tent after I make some room.
I appreciate the welcome and like the idea of a '2nd opinion network'.
Thx!

Welcome to 420 Magazine @KGB

Well it sounds like you are ready, so here's the link if you would like us to follow along.

Also, after you have over 50 posts you can vote and enter our contest to win free grow stuff for our sponsors.

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok.. :bong:
Tok~
Thanks for the welcome! looking forward to the journey!
Be Well
KGB

Mr Bunny, we chatted on the phone last week. I responded to your sales advert, I then proceeded to pepper you with grow questions. You are quite literally the reason I'm on here, and yes you are correct a great forum! I recently started a journal.

'KGB's 1st LED grow'​

I'm still trying to figure out navigating the site, so bear with me....next effort figure out how to tag Mr. Bunny
This is my first grow in 20+ yrs, I grew 'tomatoes' back in college, under MH/HPS, hydro setup w/ rockwool. There were a group of us who passed a photo/ indica strain around. My current grow is pink cookies & triangle kush in a perlite/rockwool medium. I hear you with respect to 'growing in soil' I feel like I'm problem solving daily. I really liked your pot/catch pan arrangement- neat, clean, & organized, leaves all the vertical for the ladies.
I recently stumbled on some beans from an 'az breeder' 1.) Jet-A, 2.)Grape Dosi 3.) Tropicana cookies & 4.) Tina
So I'm leaning toward adding Grape Dosi to the tent after I make some room.
I appreciate the welcome and like the idea of a '2nd opinion network'.
Thx!
You Tag people by putting the @ sign in front of their screen name like this @KGB .
Here's a link to my current journal if you want to check things out.
5 OG's, Medic Grow Fold 8, Prescription Blend Nutrients & Me!, (Starts 8-22-21)
There's a few I consider pretty much Pro's on here & a ton with exceptional knowledge.
I think @InTheShed does some Hempy type grows & this guy is one of the best & very helpful.
@013 , @Emilya , @Bill284, @MrSauga are a few other of my favorite go to people when I have issues.
Not that the others can't help... they can. I've just known these guys the longest. Emilya guided me through my very 1st grow about 4 years ago. She is extremely knowledgeable.
Just a heads up on things.
Get to know the site & check out the contest pages. You'll see some great grows & get a good idea who you want to follow.

:welcome: to the site @KGB!

I'm not a hempy grower at all (you should stop by my overly long grow journal sometime ;) ) unless you count sticking cuttings in perlite for easy cloning!

I would consider @FelipeBlu and @bluter the hempy go-to folks here.
I probably confused Bluter's grow with your cloning. I wish they had things divided up in the Grow Journal section by type of grow (Soil, Hempy, Coco, DWC, RDWC, Hydro) so you could go straight to the journals with the type of grow you want to know about. That would be very helpful.
Congrats on the Contest win ! I haven't actually checked to see who won but with the lead you had.... I can't see anyone catching up. Nice Job !

Welcome to 420 Magazine @KGB!:passitleft:

Hello all,
Welcome to the forum @KGB ! :welcome:

A lot of us started with that book by Rosenthal, but my oh my has growing changed since he wrote that book so many decades ago! I thank Ed for the start that he gave us, but I know he would be amazed with some of the grow methods that we consider commonplace today! Good luck in your learning curve... you have definitely come to the right place to be right on the cutting edges of this hobby!

Welcome to the forum @KGB ! :welcome:

A lot of us started with that book by Rosenthal, but my oh my has growing changed since he wrote that book so many decades ago! I thank Ed for the start that he gave us, but I know he would be amazed with some of the grow methods that we consider commonplace today! Good luck in your learning curve... you have definitely come to the right place to be right on the cutting edges of this hobby!
Em~ Appreciate the welcome and well wishes.
Thx,
KGB

Welcome aboard the 420 Train ! Next stop.... Phoenix. So what's up neighbor ? I'm in El Mirage & work in Gilbert so pass through Phx. daily. So what type of grow are you doing this round (Hempy, Coco, Soil, Hydro, DWC) ? I've tried almost all of them; but I prefer old fashioned soil grows. Plenty of time to correct any issues & I can be kind of a lazy grower that way. Got a preference... Sativa or Indica ? Auto's or Photo's ?
Plenty of good knowledgeable people on here to help with any issues you run into. Tag me if you start a journal.
"Buzzed to the Bone,.... B-B-B-B-Buzzed,.... Yeah, I'm buzzed to the Bone" My version of Bad to the Bone.... lol.
Hey Buds~
Happy Boxing day!
We chatted on the phone a couple of months ago after I responded to an ad you posted. I really appreciate this 420 mag tip, I feel like I've learned a shit ton being here.
After reading your most recent posts about OG Fire problems, I thought to myself I've had very similar issues. Additionally, after reading your listed nute regimen, I was hoping to pick your brain and have a chat bout it all?
interested in a coffee?
Let me know..

Hey Buds~
Happy Boxing day!
We chatted on the phone a couple of months ago after I responded to an ad you posted. I really appreciate this 420 mag tip, I feel like I've learned a shit ton being here.
After reading your most recent posts about OG Fire problems, I thought to myself I've had very similar issues. Additionally, after reading your listed nute regimen, I was hoping to pick your brain and have a chat bout it all?
interested in a coffee?
Let me know..
It's my first time using this brand of nutes so I haven't quite figured it out yet. I should be using the "Hydro Buddy" site to calculate how much of each thing to add; but I haven't.
If you still have my number just give me a call if you need to know anything. I work M-Th till 2:30 so not home till after 3:30.

Hey Buds~
Happy Boxing day!
interested in a coffee?
Let me know..
Het KGB. I was just thinking that since there's several growers on here from the Phx. area that we should plan a get together for 4-20-22. Share some pics & grow tips. Smoke & maybe trade some buds, etc. I'm sure we could plan something fun. You interested ? I'm going to ask staff if I can do this on the site as I'm not sure what the rules are on something like this. I also know about 5 other growers who aren't members... yet... that will come to it.

Back
Top Bottom