Is 1/2 hour on and 1 hour off appropriate for a drip feed system?

Top feed drip feeding schedule!

• 1/2 hour on, 1/2 hour off is perfect.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1/2 hour on, 1 hour off is the way to go.

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Buy a better timer, use a tighter schedule.

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters

flogger11

Just wondering if I am better off running my drip (which is really a streaming) system 1/2 hour on and 1 hour off or am I better off with 1/2 hour on and 1/2 hour off? I am thinking of using an 18 gallon tub with the netpots cut into the top, dropping a pump in it and then running 1/4" hose to each netpot site. I have a timer that only works in 1/2 hour increments so that is why I am stuck choosing betweent the two feeding settings.

Which timer setting would you choose for this setup pepes?

How about once the roots reach the water/nutes, would you reduce the feeding frequency somewhat? Would you go 1/2 hour on and 1 hour off for sure at this point?

Thanks again for the hand everybody, 420mag rocks!!! :adore:

UPDATE!! Been doing some combing all over google and it appears I would be ok going 1/2 hour on and two hours off, even in hydroton. Is this solid info? Will this change once the roots hit the water?

I would get a different timer first. My drip system of long ago was powered by a boat sump pump run with a battery charger and my medium was gravel robbed from ant beds. I ran the pump for 15 minutes every 2 hours and had great results. My pots were 40 ounce plastic cups with three slots in the bottoms. the roots would run out onto the drain table for a couple of feet. The really wild part was that my fert mix was two teaspoons of 15-30-15 Miracle gro and 2 teaspoons of epsom salts per gallon! I am far too sophisticated to do that mix again but it worked very well at the time. The ant gravel that I used was a rough surfaced volcanic rock of 1/8th to 3/8ths of an inch in size. I did occasionally add 1 teaspoon of hydrated lime per gallon but not often. I had great water too.

Back
Top Bottom