Is a fan on the inside of your tent to blow air directly on the plants important ?

popolino77

I have a problem i have no where to clip a clip on fan inside my tent to blow air directly at my plants, i do have a 4 inch duct fan as intake a 120mm computer fan as intake and a 6 inch duct fan as exhaust, i have a 6 inch clip on fan but no where to clip it , is my plants going to have a hard time growing because of this ?

Re: Is a fan on the inside of your tent to blow air directly on the plants important

I have a problem i have no where to clip a clip on fan inside my tent to blow air directly at my plants, i do have a 4 inch duct fan as intake a 120mm computer fan as intake and a 6 inch duct fan as exhaust, i have a 6 inch clip on fan but no where to clip it , is my plants going to have a hard time growing because of this ?

Maybe you can try to hang it inside your box? as far as i know ... The fan inside is to make the air keep moving and to make the plants get strong and thick !But yea im Still at my First grow so you might want to wait for a better answer haha :) Greetings !

Re: Is a fan on the inside of your tent to blow air directly on the plants important

Hey pop yes its pretty important to get the air circulating as well as to cool things down a bit. You can of course grow without one but it won't be as good...plus it helps against pests. I'm sure there's a way for you to place the fan in the tent, use string or tape or anything, start thinking out the box & get creative...the ladies will love you for it lol! :grinjoint:

Here's the thing that you've got wrong, you have intake fans, and you should have passive intake onry, and all exhaust fans. Your tent is gonna smell later. If you have more active intake than exhaust, you're going to have smells all the time.

Put your 6" sucking through a scrubber. The 120mm fan, hang from a string to blow across the lights or canopy as you will (it will mince leaves), and use the 4" for something else. You can even set a fan on the floor blowing into the canopy from below. You want the tops to sway so they get strong, you want the air moved so there's no dead spots and the plants have plenty of co2 to breath, and the breeze helps keep the soil dry, the gnats on the ground, and the spores headed somewhere other than your plants.
Bad gets to worse, put the fan on the floor blowing up into the plant canopy. This will stir the air below, and get some movement.

Here's the thing that you've got wrong, you have intake fans, and you should have passive intake onry, and all exhaust fans. Your tent is gonna smell later. If you have more active intake than exhaust, you're going to have smells all the time.

Put your 6" sucking through a scrubber. The 120mm fan, hang from a string to blow across the lights or canopy as you will (it will mince leaves), and use the 4" for something else. You can even set a fan on the floor blowing into the canopy from below. You want the tops to sway so they get strong, you want the air moved so there's no dead spots and the plants have plenty of co2 to breath, and the breeze helps keep the soil dry, the gnats on the ground, and the spores headed somewhere other than your plants.
Bad gets to worse, put the fan on the floor blowing up into the plant canopy. This will stir the air below, and get some movement.
very well said

Fans have many pro's in the grow room. Pests, air flow, oxygen, stock strength, and more. Definitely need a fan in there.

Back
Top Bottom