Advice on fans, air circulation and PM

phiGweed

HeyI have a few questions on air circulation. The reason is because today I looked on my exhaust fan (black AC Infinity) and saw some white powdery substance. Now my plants don’t have any on them and I quickly wiped the fan with alcohol. I have 3-6” clip fans and a 6” exhaust fan. Should I be looking into more fans? Or cutting my fans off at night? (I have them running 24hrs)

also, I haven’t seen any on my plants, they’re still quite young. Any advice to prevent this from getting worse would be great!

4x4 tent 3 clip fans/ 1 exhaust fan
7688EBC0-23A1-4E90-9AA2-3AE2D61E6228.png

As for temperature and humidity It fluctuates between 55-75% however I follow these guidelines

58946D2D-7D79-42FF-A0F2-E49B9BB051E4.png

378C6324-65C8-45B9-ADBB-1B9A925935C2.png

p.m. on the fan but not on the plants? are you sure you saw p.m.?

if it is in the tent, it will be on the plants,, soon enuf. check inside the plant, down low

think this,, mildew is spread in the air,, more fans, more spread. does that sound logical?

p.m. a constant battle for me

karma sent friend

p.m. on the fan but not on the plants? are you sure you saw p.m.?

if it is in the tent, it will be on the plants,, soon enuf. check inside the plant, down low

think this,, mildew is spread in the air,, more fans, more spread. does that sound logical?

p.m. a constant battle for me

karma sent friend
I’m hoping it’s not PM, I just know a lot of people have issues with this and I want to do everything to prevent it.

Probably dust buildup.

I leave at least one fan running 24 X 7 but if plants are big then I may run several as a preventative for pm. Of course I dust the top of the soil with sulfur dust periodically as a preventative for mites, pm and botrytis
I’m definitely hoping that’s all it is! Next time I will take a picture. Freaked me out so fast, I quickly cleaned it off. I’ve read that some people turn all their fans off so I figured I was doing that part wrong.

air should have some circulation, for all kinds of reasons.

some people do all kinds of things

good air movement is one of the primary requirements of an indoor grow. imo

Neem will keep PM at bay. You need circulation with exhaust. I run an 18" wall fan on my 4X4' grow.
I purchased Einstein oil last week. Wasn’t aware it helped with pm as well! Will definitely go about getting a bigger fan as well

I don’t run extraction fans but have multiple smaller ones and my blades are nasty, nasty. Some the fan shrouds can be easily removed for cleaning, others not so much but if at all possible I want to clean the fan blades, if inaccessible then I hit them with air compressor wand and/or vacuum cleaner, brush the grills and wipe down the housing etc etc

I aim for cleaning then about every 2 to 3 months, I’m sure you know the drill.... !

I don’t run extraction fans but have multiple smaller ones and my blades are nasty, nasty. Some the fan shrouds can be easily removed for cleaning, others not so much but if at all possible I want to clean the fan blades, if inaccessible then I hit them with air compressor wand and/or vacuum cleaner, brush the grills and wipe down the housing etc etc

I aim for cleaning then about every 2 to 3 months, I’m sure you know the drill.... !
I did see my fans were starting to get really dirty already. It’s been about a month so far. Starting to guess it’s normal then! I was going to clean once I switched to flower but will take them apart and clean them sooner!

I’m hoping it’s not PM, I just know a lot of people have issues with this and I want to do everything to prevent it.

PM wont grow on anything but a plant.

Keep fans running 24/7 turning off at night will assure you will get PM eventually.

Remember to keep your space clean and wash your tools and hands before and after handling any plants.

PM wont grow on anything but a plant.

Keep fans running 24/7 turning off at night will assure you will get PM eventually.

Remember to keep your space clean and wash your tools and hands before and after handling any plants.
That’s great to hear! Definitely reassuring! I haven’t seen anything on my plants so I’m leaning toward that powder being dust of some sort. Will be cleaning the inside tent a little more frequently now!

Keeping clean is important to stave off PM. We all have had it.

I grow a lot so I use a sulfur vaporizer.

PM indoors is a constant battle and I have rooms dialed perfect for RH and temps.

Been letting the room get cold for a few hours every day due to aphids (cold kills them) and the PM has re-emerged. Sulfur burn tonight in the cold. lol

Back
Top Bottom