Is growing a 1:1 THC/CBD strain worth it?

DarrenAdam420

Hey guys, i have been googling about this and i feel like i might be missing something. I have no experience with CBD what so ever and i started growing because of chronic pain so obviously i had to look into it. One thing that most people like about it is the anti-inflammatory properties but in my case the pain is not cause by inflammation. The other big thing is that it balances THC, you get less high or with less psychoactive effects. My question is, and this is just an example i dont know doses:

Taking 0.8 of 1:1 THC/CBD (10% each for example) would make you as high as consuming 0.3 of 23% THC

If that is true then wouldn't it be better for me to take a really small dose of a very powerful strain instead of a bigger dose of a 1:1 strain? I would be able to medicate more with less? I might be missing something here, please help. Thanks a Lot

Growers love everybody!

You can buy high CBD hemp buds legally and mix it with your THC buds. Just like @CannaFish said except buying finished buds instead of growing it. I'm thinking about doing the same thing. The hemp buds are completely legal too from what I've read due to the fact of the extremely low THC. I think it's even sold in smoke, cigar shops

Depends on your bodies physiology.
For me personally I much prefer a 1:1 or 2:1 cultivar or mix, it balances out the THC.
Too much THC gives me a jittery anxiety kinda paranoid feeling.
Adding the CBD takes some of that away and gives a much more pleasurable high plus usually better pain relief for most.

I just ordered a couple of cultivars that I hope to get in pretty soon that are supposedly 23% THC and 18% CBD (Cream & Cheese) 21% THC and 17%CBD (super critical bud)

My overall favorite cultivars are usually at least 50% CBD.

you can grow a high CBD strain - low thc strain and also a high THC - low cbd strain and then mix the 2 finished products to see what ratio is best for your ailments.

Its a good idea, i would want to waste 4 months growing a CBD strain only to find out that its not my thing. I can only grow one plant at the time. I find cbd strain buds very expensive specially because i intent to do oil out of my herb, but there is some fairly priced CBD isolate, i might try that and see if its something that i like.

Thanks

Depends on your bodies physiology.
For me personally I much prefer a 1:1 or 2:1 cultivar or mix, it balances out the THC.
Too much THC gives me a jittery anxiety kinda paranoid feeling.
Adding the CBD takes some of that away and gives a much more pleasurable high plus usually better pain relief for most.

I just ordered a couple of cultivars that I hope to get in pretty soon that are supposedly 23% THC and 18% CBD (Cream & Cheese) 21% THC and 17%CBD (super critical bud)

My overall favorite cultivars are usually at least 50% CBD.

Interesting, have you tested smoking a THC only strains but in low quantities to see if that reduces the paranoia?

Interesting, have you tested smoking a THC only strains but in low quantities to see if that reduces the paranoia?
Yes, and yes just a couple hits of 28% THC bud and I'm fine.
The biggie though is when I make oil/Tincture out of 28% THC bud because eating it is a totally different animal.
A bit too much THC taken orally and you're on a magic carpet ride for hours.

So a mix of THC/CBD in a strong Tincture is really nice and has just a bit more buffer between very pleasant and nightmare.

Yes, and yes just a couple hits of 28% THC bud and I'm fine.
The biggie though is when I make oil/Tincture out of 28% THC bud because eating it is a totally different animal.
A bit too much THC taken orally and you're on a magic carpet ride for hours.

So a mix of THC/CBD in a strong Tincture is really nice and has just a bit more buffer between very pleasant and nightmare.

Thanks for taking the time to share. I intend to make oil and test with it until i find the correct racio, then put it into capsules so that i always take the same amount. Either way i will also test cbd, just to see.

Back
Top Bottom