Abailey444

420 Member
Is my plant ready to switch?

IMG_6405.jpeg

IMG_6413.jpeg

IMG_6412.jpeg

IMG_6411.jpeg

All depends on what you want out of her
If it was mine, I would wait a week or two amd get some proper branches.
I know nothing about your aims or grow style so it's just my opinion, just if it was mine. I'm sure some more seasoned indoor growers will be around to chime in.
Nice plant though
Good luck

IMG_6405.jpeg

IMG_6413.jpeg

IMG_6412.jpeg

IMG_6411.jpeg
Hey Bailey great girl, nice training.
If you are asking is she mature enough to flip the basic answer is yes.
If your tight for space or time she is ready.
Personally I'd grow her out for a few weeks and get a decent harvest worth the time and effort.
You did a wonderful job so far, keep on going. :thumb:
If you want any volume a longer veg is the way to go.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

If you are asking is she mature enough to flip the basic answer is yes.
Why do you say that? Looks to me like she's still growing with opposite, rather than alternate, nodes and the latter would be consistent with a plant mature enough to flower. Hard to tell for sure with the pics, though.

But either way, I agree that more time would lead to a bigger harvest.

A bit of info about the grow space and goals would be helpful.

Looks to me like she's still growing with opposite, rather than alternate, nodes and the latter would be consistent with a plant mature enough to flower. Hard to tell for sure with the pics, though.
Yep. At the best the newest growth at the tips is just starting to alternate. So, maybe another week or two before the plant is sexually mature enough to start growing flowers by the look of things.

Nice looking young plant you have there. If you throw the plant under a flowering light schedule it will start to flower when it is mature and read. Thing is that it will be a smaller plant and will not produce a decent quantity of buds. Leave it under a vegetating light schedule and the plant will be larger. Larger plants are able to produce a larger amount of buds.

Wicked cheers for the advise guys I’m going to leave it for 2 more weeks and in the mean time build a bigger grow box 😂 on a side note I haven’t added any nutrients at all yet.
Is it a good idea to do two veg nutrient feedings in this last stage before I switch and go on to adding flowering nutrients. It is also in a massive pot.

For my goals I’m literally learning as I go, freind of mine had a few seed and I thought why not give it a shot. I have no idea what strain it is either. It’s in a 3ft wide by 4ft which I have recently learned is to small. I have been inspired but others people training at topping to get really nice big buds and a interesting looking plant, now I’m thinking about it I’m tempted to maybe leave it another month and try do get some real nice results. I’m feeling confident enough with the support from this community to do well

I’m going to leave it for 2 more weeks and in the mean time build a bigger grow box 😂
Yeah, good idea. Just make it modular since as you go further down this rabbit hole your box will never be big enough. :laughtwo:

Is it a good idea to do two veg nutrient feedings in this last stage before I switch and go on to adding flowering nutrients. It is also in a massive pot.
You haven't told us what's in your mix or what you're planning to fed her.

now I’m thinking about it I’m tempted to maybe leave it another month and try do get some real nice results. I’m feeling confident enough with the support from this community to do well
I think you'll be much happier letting her veg for a few more weeks. But remember, it will stretch between 2 and 3 times higher after you switch to 12/12 and will also grow a bit wider so keep that in mind. But even if you just let the interior fill in a bit in the next week or two, that should give you a nice bump in yield.

She wont be huge 2 to maybe 3 feet depending on genetics and stretch, but she can be flipped now if you wanna. 😇

.... aslo I have all this nutrients but I have no idea where to start 😂 (nutrition also given by a mate) do they go out of date
Depends on how they are made and what they are made of. Eventually they will loose some potency but how soon depends on how they were stored.

For the most part if they are made with chelated mineral salts (different than table or rock salts) that have been mixed with water and kept out of direct sunlight, not allowed to get extremely hot or frozen they can last for years. Best to shake up the bottles every now and then to keep the nutrients from settling out.

Back
Top Bottom