So the following is my city's water report:
pH: 7.87
(The following in PPM)
Calcium: 29.7
Hardness (CaCO3): 125
Magnesium: 12.4
Potassium: 6.4
Sodium: 24.6

Is this water safe after a little CalMag and pH down to be used in hydro or soil applications? And if not, should I get a RO filter?

pH down and try as is, don't need cal/mag till you see a deficiency. It is a little hard, but would probably work unless you WANT to buy a RO system.

I would also suggest getting a ph meter and ppm meter and not totally relying on the city water posted readings...

Ive checked mine and they fluctuate quite a bit from 320-400ppm and from 8.0-8.5ph..

That water is a little hard and you may run into your soil PH creeping up...R/O definitely is better...

Wouldn't use city water with organics though...stick to synthetic fertz if your using unfiltered and chlorinated water..

Thanks for the advice guys! I was already planning on getting a Hanna Tri-Meter for my reservoir so I'll be testing it anyways... I'm just one of those people guilty of overplanning :p.

Thanks for the advice guys! I was already planning on getting a Hanna Tri-Meter for my reservoir so I'll be testing it anyways... I'm just one of those people guilty of overplanning :p.

Thats a great guilt to have... :bravo:

Back
Top Bottom