Is There A Replacement For The Super Sun 2 Reflector?

I always considered the Super Sun 2 reflector to be the best one available for lower-wattage (250 - 600 watts) HID bulbs in relatively small grow spaces. It produced a relatively even footprint, had reflective material on all inner walls, the wall opposite the bulb's socket was angled, had less air leaks than many competitors (and those it did have were easy to deal with), et cetera. It was also relatively inexpensive. I just learned that it has been discontinued and is no longer available. Does anyone know of a comparable replacement?

Here are two pictures for reference. In the second picture, the SS2 is the one on top.

full

full

A recommended replacement was the Sun Star 6, which I can see has also been discontinued! :rofl:

You may want to checkout the Sunleaves Predator King Cobra 6. It looks pretty solid, but remember, I'm an LED guy! ;)

You may want to checkout the Sunleaves Predator King Cobra 6.

YIKES, that thing is 42¾" x 30" . Literally larger (across one dimension) than the grow space that I could adequately light with a 400-watt HID, lol. I bet it would perform well with a 1,500-watt HPS stadium bulb, though. But my HID ballast only operates 400- and 250-watt bulbs, so I'm looking for a reflector that'd be... that'd provide a useful footprint across five to nine square feet or so.

I'm starting to think that there really is no direct replacement for the old Super Sun 2 product. I wish I had never given a house full of cannabis-related things away that night I let a woman convince me that she had suddenly become paranoid (she was actually hoping I'd throw the "Mount Vesuvius" of fits and she'd look good during the future divorce, but I didn't know that at the time :rolleyes: ). I had several SS2s at the time, lol.

but remember, I'm an LED guy! ;)

Okay, you're forgiven ;) . And thanks for responding, regardless. It would probably have been a pipe-dream, anyway. Things are a lot more expensive than they used to be, back when it wasn't legal in so many locations to grow cannabis. I once thought that this state of existence would have brought with it cheaper prices due to increased volume of sales, but... What do I know? :hmmmm:

Back
Top Bottom