Upgraded to a Black Diamond Perfect Sun Mini

Oh, Wow!, I thought I was lagging with a grow that was over 75 days in veg. I guess that's not so bad after all. I'm figuring on going on for about another 2-3 weeks at least, Although my plant is finally filling in and spreading out very nicely.
IMG_257728.jpg

Nice bro, here is FireOG at 90 days today. Preflowering under 16-8, YICKS. I need like 3 more weeks before flower. Should i run it 24/7 lights? Dont want her to flower yet. I expect her to Growth spurt putting her in this 10 gallon pot, SMH, frickin moster pot, lol, didnt realize it was that dang big. Used a garbage can on a 5gallon bucket, cut out with support, to put a container for runoff and flush.

The plan is to flower under 4 Luminus cxb cobs, just have to get the light done, and wanted the roots to fill the newer cocoloco.

FireOGday90-7.png

FireOGday90-6.png

FireOGday90-3.png

FireOGday90-2.png

FireOGday90-1.png

Beautiful indeed! I'm wondering if I should upsize my pot also. I'm already considering on getting a one foot extension for my Gorilla Grow Tent. That would take me up to 6'7" total height. You've given me some good thoughts to ponder.

Thanks Bro.

I changed some things. Took out the bucket, and made a wood frame, then i just put a 3 gallon sqaure container under to catch water. Going to make flushing sooooooo easier.

Have both the Mars and Perfect sun in the tent. Getting 700 PAR on center of plant.
also have a smaller container, hoping for Male to pollinate the FireOG with. And also, cloned the FireOG.
Couldnt sleep thinking that heavy ass load was going to crush the bucket, to open tent and see it all broke and dumped on the ground.
FireOGday92-2.png

FireOGday92-1.png

FireOGday92-3.png

FireOGday92-4.png

you can actually see the Modded Mars kickin ass on the other side of the plant? lol..

I have to spin the whole thing every midday. This is why I cant wait to get my COB build done. This 1 mini just cants do it. JMO, and Im not spending another $180 for another.

In a casual look yesterday I was thinking I might have a LED out in the center of my new Mini. Considering how to figure that out, as looking directly at it was painful even with my UV heavy duty sunglasses on, I came up with another solution. Using my Phone camera and reversing the view, I was able to shoot a very nice picture of the complete light.
IMG_258518.jpg

After discussion with my brother FelipeBlu, it has been decided these are the IR and UV bulbs in the center and not defective as first considered. Whew! One good thing about this, I now have a reference photo just in case I have a suspected issue in the future.

you can actually see the Modded Mars kickin ass on the other side of the plant? lol..

I have to spin the whole thing every midday. This is why I cant wait to get my COB build done. This 1 mini just cants do it. JMO, and Im not spending another $180 for another.

Actually I did go ahead and spring for a 2nd PS Mini. Ordered a couple of days ago. I have also ordered a One Foot extension for my Gorilla Grow Tent, in part I feel I might need the extra height to give room for the extra light and hopefully the growth it should stimulate. Secondly, I will be able to bring a vent out from one of the top side opening ports and connect to my vent/filter when needed. I will have a picture of that set up in my Grow Journal as it happens.

Wow!, after posting a bunch of photos, comments and journal entries yesterday, mail came and had the second PS Mini in it. Yea!!!!
So I immediately installed in the tent as such.
54051485840_FF9B6424-C6FF-42CB-9322-4B959AE5527A.JPG

The following PAR reading reveal what I was hoping for.
At 18" below the center of each light here are the new readings:
IMG_259919.JPG
IMG_259824.JPG

Keep in mind with only one light the reading at 18" directly below the center was at 800PAR originally. Now around the outside of the tent the readings are in this ballpark:
IMG_259718.JPG

Considering that with only a single light in the center the reading at 18" around the outside of the tent were 120PAR. I really got what I was looking for. I wanted to get a more complete and consistent coverage throughout the entire growing area. I'm using a slight tilt on the lights pointing toward the center of grow zone. Since the cone of light is 120 degrees or 60 degrees from center, I feel I'm getting some optimum coverage.

Just an update, I realized that I had ignored this thread and interesting things have been happening with my first grow.

Three months later and I couldn't be happier with the progress my plant has made. Though heavily LST'd and under a screen until half way into the stretch, she is certainly an awesome looking plant. Right at 2 feet tall with more that 30 branches/colas developing. Decidedly Sativa and most likely a Skywalker.

I really feel the higher PAR readings on the outside have contributed to a very healthy outside ring of large colas. They were all of the Topped and LST branches from early on. Growing from them into the middle many smaller colas that are filling in nicely.

As shown earlier I added a second Perfect Sun Mini and side by side they are certainly a very flexible power to contend with in a 2x2.5 foot print. Currently closing in on the last 3-5 weeks of flower and I'm adjusting the height down about an inch a week. Currently at 18", with a goal of 16". All is getting very frosty, yet still with clear trichomes.

Here's the results so far.

Looking great BTz! I heard its better to move the light AWAY during last 2 weeks. Meaning being, is the heat can destroy the trich that are ready to burst as it is. Also, especially with the PS, as u might know already, tends to finish off the toppest colas to fast, and not allowing the bottomish buds to finish.

Near the end, you want cool temps, and weak light, letting them buds tightn up. the blue spectrum gets them frosty

Just wanted to throw that to you man. She looks great,

Thanks for the input regarding height and being cautious with the PS Mini's.

I have been following Neil of Perfect Sun's advice on best height to this point. - "Flowering plants: Stay at 2 feet away until you only have 3 weeks left. Take that time to slowly lower the light ever few days, until you are 18 inches away from the tops of the plants. You want the last 2 weeks to be at 18 inches away to get the most dense, large, frosty nugs." BTW, when I ask him directly about the best heights for using the two lights his recommendation was to use the heights listed for his more powerful lights. No mention of raising or cooling off towards the end.

I have over the few days begun to see the colas become a bit more dense and heavy. Recently I heard again that when you think the plant is ready wait another two weeks before harvesting. So perhaps I will follow that and when I start my pre-harvest preparations I'll move the lights up a couple of inches to begin the cool off.

I did notice the internal temp of the tent went up measurably when I dropped the lights down this last time. I switched my timing over to lights off during the day. The lights on temps did drop to a level a couple of degrees less than before I moved the lights down. Currently run around 75F with lights on at night. So in some regards sending a signal to the plant that the season is cooling off.

Those Minis kick some heat. My area is 85, and i let it go to 90f and I noticed either faster growth or the start of foxtailing.

I think its just fast growth.

Thinking of using the mini for supplemental for the last 2-3 weeks with super cold water. Simply because the mini has the IR for trics and flavor, cant hurt i guess.

Im starting flush on 2 of mine tomorrow, they are 25% brown air. The other 2 are freakin pushing out alot of white pistils and getting huge.

They are bagseed, so i dont really know the days to chop. but i want JUST starting amber to chop. Dont like head high, just an edge knocker..

Back
Top Bottom